Old June 14th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
jimbo

Default Antennas and the FCC

A few years ago there was a flurry of activity regarding measurement
of radiation in the immediate area around the antenna/station. As I
recall, anything under 100 watts was exempt from the requirements.

Can someone clarify the situation?

Thanks, jimbo
Old June 14th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
chuck

jimbo wrote:
A few years ago there was a flurry of activity regarding measurement of
radiation in the immediate area around the antenna/station. As I recall,
anything under 100 watts was exempt from the requirements.

Can someone clarify the situation?

Thanks, jimbo

Hey Jimbo,

Here's a link:

http://www2.arrl.org/news/rfsafety/exposure_regs.html
ARRLWeb: The FCC's New RF-Exposure Regulations

The criteria include both power and frequency, so
powers below 100 watts at VHF and UHF may be
subject to the regulation.

Chuck

Old June 14th 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
David G. Nagel

jimbo wrote:
A few years ago there was a flurry of activity regarding measurement of
radiation in the immediate area around the antenna/station. As I recall,
anything under 100 watts was exempt from the requirements.

Can someone clarify the situation?

Thanks, jimbo

Jim;

Go to the ARRL web site. They have links there to the requirements for
power measurement that you are looking for.

Dave WD9BDZ
Old June 14th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Caveat Lector

jimbo wrote:
A few years ago there was a flurry of activity regarding measurement of
radiation in the immediate area around the antenna/station. As I recall,
anything under 100 watts was exempt from the requirements.

Can someone clarify the situation?

Thanks, jimbo

Jim See URL:

http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/rfexpose.html

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

Old June 14th 06, 09:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dan Richardson

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 07:16:02 -0600, jimbo wrote:

A few years ago there was a flurry of activity regarding measurement
of radiation in the immediate area around the antenna/station. As I
recall, anything under 100 watts was exempt from the requirements.

Can someone clarify the situation?

http://wireless.fcc.gov/siting/FCC_LSGAC_RF_Guide.pdf

73,
Danny, K6MHE

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one
useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three
or more is a congress. - John Adams

email: k6mheatarrldotnet
http://www.k6mhe.com/
Old June 14th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
dale.j.

In article ,
jimbo wrote:

A few years ago there was a flurry of activity regarding measurement
of radiation in the immediate area around the antenna/station. As I
recall, anything under 100 watts was exempt from the requirements.

Can someone clarify the situation?

Thanks, jimbo

I'd suggest you comply with the rules. It's easy and more than likely
you will pass muster. I used this site for my evaluation:

http://n5xu.ae.utexas.edu/

I also made copies of my antenna specs and attached them to the report,
then filed.

--
Email:
Old June 18th 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Fred McKenzie

In article , chuck
wrote:

Hey Jimbo,

Here's a link:

http://www2.arrl.org/news/rfsafety/exposure_regs.html
ARRLWeb: The FCC's New RF-Exposure Regulations

Chuck-

Thanks for the link. I went from there to the FCC's web site and
downloaded Bulletin 65 and its supplements, including the guide for local
government.

I followed another link and found a BASIC program called rfsafety.bas at
http://www2.arrl.org/news/rfsafety/rfsafety.bas by Wayne Overbeck, N6NB.
(In the Ham Radio supplement (B) to Bulletin 65, I found a reference to
the program written by Prof. Wayne Overbeck.)

Except for the first line of the program, it runs in Chipmunk BASIC on the
Macintosh. It may also run in Microsoft QBASIC, but I didn't try it. I
went ahead and ran all combinations I use, both mobile and at home.
Apparently you can absorb a little too much RF by standing next to a
mobile, unless you consider the duty cycle!

73, Fred, K4DII