Old June 21st 06, 05:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jerry Martes

Default PVC for antenna construction ?

"Gerry Wheeler" wrote in message
nk.net...
"Wayne" wrote in message
1. Try hollow fiberglass blank arrows. (if the available length is long
enough) They used to be available at certain sporting goods stores, or
you could buy an arrow and cut the ends off.

I spoke to a friend of mine who works in the archery business (Parker
Bows), and he says that hollow fiberglass is almost non-existant now.
Everything has switched over to carbon fiber tubes. He says the blanks are
about 32" long before being made into arrows, so that might limit their
uses.
--
Gerry KG4NBB

Hi Gerry

Do you know the aproximate price of a blank?

Jerry

Old June 21st 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Gerry Wheeler

"Jerry Martes" wrote in message
Do you know the aproximate price of a blank?

No, he didn't say. Sorry.

I suspect they're not generally available. From what I've heard before,
these are made with their super secret process, and each manufacturer is
slightly different. Not important when making an antenna, but the bow
hunters have their preferences.
--
Gerry

Old June 21st 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
gwatts

Gerry Wheeler wrote:
"Jerry Martes" wrote in message

Do you know the aproximate price of a blank?

No, he didn't say. Sorry.

I suspect they're not generally available...

Try these (items RR348, RR360, RR372)
http://www.swpowerfence.com/cat20.htm

or these (items SM63, SM67 and SM69)
http://www.swpowerfence.com/cat11.htm

I get 'em at my local ag supply store,
- W8LNA
Old June 21st 06, 09:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jerry Martes

"Gerry Wheeler" wrote in message
nk.net...
"Jerry Martes" wrote in message
Do you know the aproximate price of a blank?

No, he didn't say. Sorry.

I suspect they're not generally available. From what I've heard before,
these are made with their super secret process, and each manufacturer is
slightly different. Not important when making an antenna, but the bow
hunters have their preferences.
--
Gerry

Hi Gerry

Thanks for the reply. I was actually being lazy. I could probably have
searched for a source of fiberglass tubes, but I thought I'd take advantage
of your familiarity.

Jerry