Old December 29th 03, 08:36 AM
D&B Rude

Default Radiio Shack FM BC band convert...

Happy New Year to All!
I am looking for an article that appeared some years ago concerning the
cutting and phasing of Radio Shack FM broadcast band beams. They make a six
element beam that when cut down (two of them) and phased, make an excellent
light weight, narrow beamwidth, good gain, inexpensive beam for 2 meters. I
have a pair polarized vertically, and they work great.

Problem is, someone gave me this great set up and he can not remember where
he got the info for cutting to length, and is also looking for the info. I
do know that it was not in QST. can anyone help? Please use my email adr,
as I don't always have time to hit the NX groups.

Also looking for a schematic for a friend, for a Gonset 2M AM Communicator
IV. Thanks
Dave
KA9SRU

Old January 2nd 04, 05:24 AM
Mike M.

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 00:36:44 -0800, "D&B Rude"
wrotF:

http://www.arrl.org/members-only/tis...df/9907034.pdf
Old January 3rd 04, 01:27 AM
Robert Casey

D&B Rude wrote:

Happy New Year to All!
I am looking for an article that appeared some years ago concerning the
cutting and phasing of Radio Shack FM broadcast band beams. They make a six
element beam that when cut down (two of them) and phased, make an excellent
light weight, narrow beamwidth, good gain, inexpensive beam for 2 meters. I
have a pair polarized vertically, and they work great.

Problem is, someone gave me this great set up and he can not remember where
he got the info for cutting to length, and is also looking for the info.

I don't have specific info, but if you shorten the elements by the radio
100/146, you should be
pretty close.

BTW, that pdf file link in this thread is only good if you are an ARRL
member. I'm not.

Old January 3rd 04, 05:05 AM
Roger Gt

"Robert Casey" wrote in message
D&B Rude wrote:

[...]

Would you like the PDF E-mailed to you?

K3PF 5 Element 2 Meter Yagi (Radio Shack) SWR Bandwith?? WS6S Antenna 1 October 18th 03 02:29 AM
RF still in the shack? 'Doc Antenna 5 August 22nd 03 04:08 PM
AM/FM Reception on a new RCA/Radio Shack All In One unit DVD/CD,Cable,Aux Inputs etc. Rev Tom Cox Antenna 7 July 23rd 03 09:54 PM