Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 19th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Win Win is offline

Default A/B Switching

I recently put an A/B switch between my FT-1000 MPV and my IC-746 to
make comparisons between receivers. I would now like to leave this
A/B switch in line, as I would like to use one radio for CW, and the
other for SSB. The IC-746 is known for having a sensitive front end
(easy to damage). I am running 200 watts from the FT-1K. The A/B
switch grounds the unused port. My fear is that the FT-1K will damage
the front end of the IC-746, even as the IC-746 port is grounded.

I have to assume, no matter how diligent I think I will be, at some
point in time, both receivers will be on the same band, near the same
frequency.

Is it probable that the grounded loop to the 746, being 1/8 inch from
200 watts, will survive without damage?

Has anyone operated an IC-746 under these conditions?

Win, W0LZ

Boatanchor TR Switching TW Boatanchors 4 December 20th 04 12:01 AM
Boatanchor TR Switching TW Boatanchors 0 December 16th 04 06:10 PM
President Jackson T/R Switching Old School CB 0 March 1st 04 10:54 PM
FS: RS 25Amp Switching PS Keith V Swap 1 December 6th 03 01:42 PM
T2FD modded to add LF, no switching, AM BC rejection SpamLover Antenna 0 November 7th 03 02:59 PM