Old August 5th 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
You You is offline

Default neighborhood antenna restrictions

In article ,
Jim Kelley wrote:

Bill Turner wrote:
I'm next?

Think you're not? Beware the legislators.

You obviously don't realize how large SoCal is! Come visit sometime
and I'll take you on roads where you can drive for hours and never see
another car or person, not to mention a Homeowner's Association. :-)

Apparently they even don't have call books there where you are! :-)
I've lived here since the middle of last century. Heck, I own
property 10 miles down the road from you.

The county I live in, San Bernardino,

I guess they must not have mail delivery out there. According to your
FCC records, you pick up your mail in Los Angeles.

is larger than nine of the
states.

None of the other counties wanted any of it. :-)

Think about that for a moment. How come we don't have two
senators?

We do. And you can have 'em.

ac6xg

We have a saying, up here in Alaska, that we use on Texans that come
up here. "Shut the f--k up, or we will cut Alaska in half, and Texas
will the the third largest state." Goes five times for Kalifornia....
Old August 7th 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Bill Turner wrote:

Is Silverado a stealth community?

Not anymore!

I went to

http://www.hometownlocator.com/City/...California.cfm

and the map shows a bunch of towns, but not that one.

You're right. It doesn't really exist. My zip code has a 'j' in
front of it. ;-)

Actually, that might be good for a ham worried about Homeowners
Associations. :-)

It's good if you don't mind having the horizon at +30 degrees elevation.

BTW, sorry I confused you with another Bill - similar call.

73, ac6xg

The Long and Thin Vertical Loop Antenna. [ The Non-Resonance Vertical with a Difference ] RHF Shortwave 0 December 27th 05 06:03 PM
Grounding Steve Rabinowitz Shortwave 31 December 14th 05 05:26 AM
Question is 'it' a Longwire {Random Wire} Antenna -or- Inverted "L" Antenna ? RHF Shortwave 5 November 6th 05 04:52 AM
WHY - The simple Random Wire Antenna is better than the Dipole Antenna for the Shortwave Listener (SWL) RHF Shortwave 15 September 13th 05 08:28 AM
The "TRICK" to TV 'type' Coax Cable [Shielded] SWL Loop Antennas {RHF} RHF Antenna 27 November 3rd 04 01:38 PM