Old July 23rd 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default neighborhood antenna restrictions

Help. I've been licensed since 1967, but I haven't been active for
about 20 years. I just bought a FT-101EE with a Cushcraft R4 vertical
antenna, however there are restrictions in my subdivision about
antennas. I'm thinking my best bet may be a long wire between my house
and a neighbor's tree with a tuner. I know this is an ago old battle,
any ideas for an inconspicuous HF antenna?

Old July 24th 06, 12:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ed Ed is offline

Help. I've been licensed since 1967, but I haven't been active for
about 20 years. I just bought a FT-101EE with a Cushcraft R4 vertical
antenna, however there are restrictions in my subdivision about
antennas. I'm thinking my best bet may be a long wire between my house
and a neighbor's tree with a tuner. I know this is an ago old battle,
any ideas for an inconspicuous HF antenna?

Sounds to me like you already have a workable idea in mind. Just use
small wire, keep it high enough to be out of reach.

Use a tuner, and keep your coax as short as possible (lossy with high
SWR) and you should be just fine.

Ed K7AAT

Old July 24th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 06:35:03 -0700, "Caveat Lector"
wrote:

Bill -- check out Stealth Antenna projects at URL:
http://ac6v.com/antprojects.htm#STANT

Do the CC&Rs allow "stealth" antennas? If so, go for it. If not,
don't.

Bill, W6WRT
Old July 24th 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

(Bill Turner) wrote in
:

wrote:

Bill -- check out Stealth Antenna projects at URL:
http://ac6v.com/antprojects.htm#STANT

Do the CC&Rs allow "stealth" antennas? If so, go for it. If not,
don't.

Are you suggesting that the OP might actually want to comply with the
terms of the contract he made when he bought his house?

How strange!

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |
Old July 24th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote in message
ups.com...
Help. I've been licensed since 1967, but I haven't been active for
about 20 years. I just bought a FT-101EE with a Cushcraft R4 vertical
antenna, however there are restrictions in my subdivision about
antennas. I'm thinking my best bet may be a long wire between my house
and a neighbor's tree with a tuner. I know this is an ago old battle,
any ideas for an inconspicuous HF antenna?

If you bought the house knowing that antennas were not allowed, consider not
putting antennas up, at least outside. If you got sucked into the deal by
an unscrupulous builder who deliberately hid the antenna restrictions so
that he could sell a house (this happened to me a few years ago).......

OK, stealth antennas...obviously higher frequencies are easier to deal
with....
1. Flagpole converted to antenna
2. Horizontal loop around the outside of the house, in the attic, or around
a room.
3. Mag loop
4. If you park your car in the driveway, mobile antenna with coax reaching
to shack.
5. Ground mounted tilt up vertical
6. Tilt up vertical mounted on metal fence
6. DDRR
7. Small diameter wire end fed
8. Capacity hat vertical with loading coil near top, producing a short
vertical not easily visible
9. Attic dipole

Old July 26th 06, 05:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Rayburn wrote:

Copper and aluminum Gutters work great!...If they only run across the front
and back of the house you can connect them with a small wire across the roof
to make for a nice long antenna!

For example I'm hooked to the bottom of a downspout near the ground on my 3
story home....about 28 feet up the guttering starts and runs 25 feet across
the back of the house......I connected a wire across the roof (60 feet long)
to the end of the front gutter thats the same height and length.

166 feet of antenna in the shape of an upside down U !

I buried a couple of ground radials next to a fence for 160...80....40 and
added a few short ones for 20 /15 and 10 about an inch deep in the
yard.....works great with a tuner and is fantastic on the L and AM bands for
reception as well!

Other than a small 4 inch length of coax behind the house next to the garage
door.....Its invisible!
wrote in message
ups.com...

Help. I've been licensed since 1967, but I haven't been active for
about 20 years. I just bought a FT-101EE with a Cushcraft R4 vertical
antenna, however there are restrictions in my subdivision about
antennas. I'm thinking my best bet may be a long wire between my house
and a neighbor's tree with a tuner. I know this is an ago old battle,
any ideas for an inconspicuous HF antenna?

Congress just passed and the President signed a Federal Law that stops
the CC&R cops from prohibiting flying the American Flag on your
property. This means you can have a flag pole (antenna).

Dave WD9BDZ

The Long and Thin Vertical Loop Antenna. [ The Non-Resonance Vertical with a Difference ] RHF Shortwave 0 December 27th 05 06:03 PM
Grounding Steve Rabinowitz Shortwave 31 December 14th 05 05:26 AM
Question is 'it' a Longwire {Random Wire} Antenna -or- Inverted "L" Antenna ? RHF Shortwave 5 November 6th 05 04:52 AM
WHY - The simple Random Wire Antenna is better than the Dipole Antenna for the Shortwave Listener (SWL) RHF Shortwave 15 September 13th 05 08:28 AM
The "TRICK" to TV 'type' Coax Cable [Shielded] SWL Loop Antennas {RHF} RHF Antenna 27 November 3rd 04 01:38 PM