Old July 27th 06, 07:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default ARRL Antenna Modeling Course

Anyone care to share their experience with ARRL's Antenna Modeling
Course? Is it worth it? Cost is about $160 for ARRL members (including
manual) and requires EZNEC...does it require the ARRL EZNEC or the
commercial version?
(I don't know.)

Thanks in advance for any comments.

John
AB8WH
Old July 27th 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:44:47 -0400, jawod wrote:

Anyone care to share their experience with ARRL's Antenna Modeling
Course? Is it worth it? Cost is about $160 for ARRL members (including
manual) and requires EZNEC...does it require the ARRL EZNEC or the
commercial version?
(I don't know.)

Thanks in advance for any comments.

John
AB8WH

You can purchase the course book for around $40.00 USD from the ARRL.
Doing that you'll have a good reference book for future use at hand. The
book is the complete course word for word and very well written. Plus the
money you'll save will pay for EZNEC with a little pocket change left over.

Danny
K6MHE

Old July 28th 06, 01:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

I took the course and purchased the EZNEC + v4.0.

For me it was the right way to go. Having the pressure and
responsibility of completing the course kept me on topic in a timely
fashion. I continue to use the reference material and the program.

The EZNEC program allows you to compare a lot of different conditions
without expending unnecessary resources.

John W8CCW

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:44:47 -0400, jawod wrote:

Anyone care to share their experience with ARRL's Antenna Modeling
Course? Is it worth it? Cost is about $160 for ARRL members (including
manual) and requires EZNEC...does it require the ARRL EZNEC or the
commercial version?
(I don't know.)

Thanks in advance for any comments.

John
AB8WH

John Ferrell W8CCW

Why Antenna Tuners Aren't Necessarily Useful for Shortwave Listening - Question Shortwave Listening (SWL) Antenna Tuners - Do You Have An Opinion ? Bob Miller Shortwave 40 September 3rd 12 02:15 PM
Why Tilt ? - The Terminated Tilted Folded Dipole (TTFD / T2FD) Antenna RHF Shortwave 2 April 18th 06 10:21 PM
I Want Another Antenna Lenny Shortwave 4 January 23rd 06 10:12 PM
The Long and Thin Vertical Loop Antenna. [ The Non-Resonance Vertical with a Difference ] RHF Shortwave 0 December 27th 05 06:03 PM
New ARRL Proposal N2EY Policy 331 March 4th 04 12:02 AM