Old January 17th 07, 04:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Choke Resistance

I need a 2.5mH choke with 500ma current capability.

I have one that looks like a typical 2.5mh but have no clue of the current.

If someone has a 500 ma one, I would appreciate knowing the resistance
so I can compare with the ones I have.

Thanks

JACK K9ACT

Old January 17th 07, 03:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

In article ,
Jack Schmidling wrote:
I need a 2.5mH choke with 500ma current capability.

I have one that looks like a typical 2.5mh but have no clue of the current.

If someone has a 500 ma one, I would appreciate knowing the resistance
so I can compare with the ones I have.

According to the Millen catalogue, they have a 1mH one rated for 510 mA
that has 2.9 ohms across it.
--scott

Old January 18th 07, 04:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Scott Dorsey wrote:

According to the Millen catalogue, they have a 1mH one rated for 510 mA
that has 2.9 ohms across it.

Thanks but where did you find that catalog?

js

Old January 18th 07, 12:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 22:40:59 -0600, Jack Schmidling
wrote:

Thanks but where did you find that catalog?

He probably bought that catalog from one of the usual places - an
antique radio swap meet, a hamfest, or on eBay.

Dale H. Cook, Chief Engineer, Centennial Broadcasting,
Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA - WZZI / WZZU / WLNI / WLEQ
http://members.cox.net/dalehcook/starcity.shtml
Old January 18th 07, 03:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Jack Schmidling wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote:

According to the Millen catalogue, they have a 1mH one rated for 510 mA
that has 2.9 ohms across it.

Thanks but where did you find that catalog?

Millen sent it to me in the mail a couple years ago. They'll send you one
if you ask them for it.

Digi-Key has some of the Millen line in their book also, and is a good
general parts reference worth having on your desk.
--scott

Old January 18th 07, 05:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Scott Dorsey wrote:

Millen sent it to me in the mail a couple years ago. They'll send you one
if you ask them for it.

I thought they were long out of business.

Digi-Key has some of the Millen line in their book also, and is a good
general parts reference worth having on your desk.

Funny you should mention that. A new one came in the mail not two
minutes ago.

js

Old January 18th 07, 10:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Scott Dorsey wrote:

Millen sent it to me in the mail a couple years ago. They'll send you one
if you ask them for it.

Digi-Key has some of the Millen line in their book also, and is a good
general parts reference worth having on your desk.
--scott

Hi,

Are you confusing the J.W. Miller company
and the James Millen company?

Last I heard, Caywood Electronics of Andover Mass.,
(formed by a former Millen engineeer),
was carrying on the dip-meter line, but I don't know if he
is manufacturing any of the Millen chokes.

73,
Ed Knobloch
Old January 19th 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Edward Knobloch wrote:

Are you confusing the J.W. Miller company
and the James Millen company?

I was indeed, due to lack of coffee.

Last I heard, Caywood Electronics of Andover Mass.,
(formed by a former Millen engineeer),
was carrying on the dip-meter line, but I don't know if he
is manufacturing any of the Millen chokes.

I do actually have a 1972 Millen catalogue here somewhere too, but
the Miller catalogue is a lot easier to get to.

Also I will recommend Renco in Florida as an excellent source of unusual
chokes.
--scott

Hf Antenna Question Chris W Antenna 39 October 24th 06 07:30 PM
New Program - Coaxial Choke Reg Edwards Antenna 7 November 23rd 04 08:40 PM
New program - Coax Choke Reg Edwards Boatanchors 0 November 16th 04 11:07 PM
New program - Coax Choke Reg Edwards Equipment 0 November 16th 04 11:06 PM
50 Ohms "Real Resistive" impedance a Misnomer? Dr. Slick Antenna 255 July 29th 03 11:24 PM