Old July 24th 07, 06:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Looking for TS-520 Part

Hello--

I've got a TS-520S whose LSB function keeps quitting. Long story
short---I've traced the trouble to the carrier board, and have
determined that the problem is a 3393.5 kHz crystal that's gotten lazy.
Sometimes it will oscillate, other times it won't. There are no other
problems with the circuit that I can find, and other crystals installed
in its place oscillate just fine.

I'm wondering if someone has got a junked TS-520 who'd be interested in
selling either the crystal, or the whole carrier board ("Carrier Unit"
X50-0009-01)

I realize that I can arrange to have a crystal made, and I may yet go
that route, but I figured I'd see what someone might have in a coffee
can on a shelf someplace.

I can be reached at hpf (atsign) gainbroadband (dot) com

Thanks in advance, and 73.

Pete
AC7ZL
Old July 24th 07, 12:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
gb gb is offline

"H. P. Friedrichs" wrote in message
news:xumdnRQVSYCGDTjbnZ2dnUVZ_jSdnZ2d@velocitywest .net...
[...]

Send an e-mail to K4EAA
Kenwood Hybrids -- Restoration web site:
http://www.k4eaa.com/

http://www.k4eaa.com/faq.htm

Old July 26th 07, 05:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

hi,

join other kenwood ts-520 fans here,

you may find the part faster.

Kenwood manuals here in pdf no cost to d/l

http://www.n6wk.com/kenwood/

73 Oscar

Where does part 97 end and part 15 begin? [email protected] Homebrew 64 February 23rd 07 04:08 AM
Where does part 97 end and part 15 begin? John Smith I Policy 1 January 27th 07 07:04 AM
802.11x and part 97 mark Digital 2 February 26th 04 01:48 PM
WTB Zenith part/part radio Alfred Carlson Swap 0 January 23rd 04 01:29 AM
WTB Transoceanic Part/Part radio Alfred Carlson Boatanchors 0 January 23rd 04 01:27 AM