Old September 15th 07, 04:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Heathkit Mono-Bander 20 meter Amp?

A local estate has one to dispose of. I suspect this was a companion
amplifier to the old HW-12-22-32 series monobonand Single Sidebanders.

Has anyone ever seen one of these? We can't find any mention of them
in Heath literature we've looked at.

Is it common or a rare oddidity?

Is there any colector value?

WBØVQP
Old September 15th 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"Michael Black" wrote in message
I don't remember seeing anything like that. Heath did make a very

low slung power amplifier, close to the power limit, that had
potential as a mobile amplifier (I can't remember if it was really
intended for such use, but the low size made it more usable there,
and the other Don Miller (of SSTV fame) used one for a while mobile).

But that amplifier covered all the bands (except 160) available at
the time, which was the sixties.

If you don't have an actual Heath number, and haven't actually seen
it, isn't it more likely that the description is garbled?
a multiband amplifier
a non-Heath amplifier
not even an amplifier

Michael VE2BVW

The Heath HA-14, and I believer there was a mobile power supply
available for it.
I built one in college for my home station even though it was
primarily sold as a mobile amp. It is essentially
the RF deck from the SB-200 and runs pair of 572Bs. The loading
control was "fixed"; which meant the antenna had to be near 50 ohms.
I ran that little amp pretty hard, even on RTTY once or twice, and it always
held up. And it was only a hundred bucks or so back then! I wish I still
had it.

Pete k1zjh

Old September 16th 07, 05:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"gb" wrote:

Pete is right, the HA-14 was a 2 tube mobile ampflier, but it was not single
band (as I remember). There was a mobile HV power supply as well that match
this unit.

Yep, I built one and used it with my 20m mono-bander. Worked very well, lotsa
fun. Pictures he

http://www.qsl.net/w6ovp/