Old January 13th 08, 05:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Amplifier

"radiosrfun" wrote in message news:...
"K3HVG" wrote in message
. ..
Given the name, is there any question as to what market it was designed
for, at all?

Well, I tend to agree with you - there - but just figured if I could get
any info on it - the transformer - at the least could be put to better
use.

I am wanting to clear out a bunch of stuff from my shop and basement. I
won't let it go - to be put on 11m. IF that was the case, could have done
that long ago. I've only had the thing taking up space for about 10 years
or so.

I'm certainly not going to waste any more time asking about it - looking
at it - storing it. It will be miscellaneous parts by days end. I'll use
the cabinet for maybe a home brew power supply or something. That and the
Tranny is about the only two good things worth keeping of it all - parting
it out.

Thanks!

I "was" thinking - someone could use the tranny and cabinet - if into
building "amps". But - then again - and rereading what I wrote earlier - a
200 Watt multi-band amp would be close to useless unless using it on a QRP
rig - defeating the purpose, or low power mobile. Most H.F. rigs do that
bare........ And I've damned near talked the world over with far less than
200. I "doubt" the tranny would be good for much more than that. Oh
well........ One less door stop to deal with.

FS: Amp Supply LK-500ZC legal limit HF amplifier, Heathkit SB-230 amplifier Jeff Camp Swap 3 April 11th 11 10:07 PM
FA: LK-550 HF Amplifier Robert Stuedemann Swap 0 July 6th 07 01:24 PM
FS: SG-500 HF AMPLIFIER W9CAR General 0 October 1st 05 12:39 PM
amplifier Snoopydawg CB 22 March 15th 04 03:32 PM
WTB HF Amplifier James Dickson Swap 0 July 6th 03 11:57 PM