Old August 3rd 08, 05:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Geloso VFO advice, experience?

Anyone ever use one in a HB transmitter? I have a 4/104
that I'd like to use in a homebrew CW transmitter, and I'd
like some feedback from any OTs who may have used these
in the past... Are they stable enough for CW work; any
hints or kinks?

Project I am envisioning is a poor ham's version of the
Johnson Navigator that is now unaffordable on ePay

Pete

Old August 4th 08, 04:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

I had both the vfo and the Geloso transmitter (part of the Geloso pair
station). Yes, the VFO is as stable as the Navigator. As I recall the vfo
was the same as the version you have. You might ask Meir, WF2U, who has
several of the units on the air. He is usually on
reflector.
73 Dave K4JRB

Old August 5th 08, 08:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"Tio Pedro" ha scritto nel messaggio
Anyone ever use one in a HB transmitter? I have a 4/104
that I'd like to use in a homebrew CW transmitter, and I'd
like some feedback from any OTs who may have used these
in the past... Are they stable enough for CW work; any
hints or kinks?

Project I am envisioning is a poor ham's version of the
Johnson Navigator that is now unaffordable on ePay

Pete

I have a Geloso G.222 transmitter that utilizes the model 4.104 VFO

The VFO stability is good enough for CW up to 20 meters, but on 10 meters it is
so and so. Anyway you may try it yourself by just powering the VFO and hearing
the signal on an external receiver.

Eventually Geloso produced the 4.105 VFO which adopts a conversion scheme with a
crystal for each band

73

Tony I0JX