Old August 4th 08, 12:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Noise figu 7360 vs. 6JH8?

Has anyone tried using a 6JH8 first mixer in a
HBR receiver project ? How did it compare to the
7360?

Pete

Old August 4th 08, 03:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Tio Pedro wrote:
Has anyone tried using a 6JH8 first mixer in a
HBR receiver project ? How did it compare to the
7360?

I have not, although I have used the 6JH8 for product detector designs
before and they are just fabulous. I think they are certainly the equal
of the 7360.

There are a bunch of other sheet-beam tube designs out there as well,
also intended for color TV chroma demodulators like the 6JH8. They
are all fairly similar.
--scott
Old August 4th 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message

I have not, although I have used the 6JH8 for product detector designs
before and they are just fabulous. I think they are certainly the equal
of the 7360.

There are a bunch of other sheet-beam tube designs out there as well,
also intended for color TV chroma demodulators like the 6JH8. They
are all fairly similar.
--scott

Scott, did you go through the bother to use balanced circuits?

Pete

Old August 4th 08, 08:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Tio Pedro wrote:
"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message

I have not, although I have used the 6JH8 for product detector designs
before and they are just fabulous. I think they are certainly the equal
of the 7360.

There are a bunch of other sheet-beam tube designs out there as well,
also intended for color TV chroma demodulators like the 6JH8. They
are all fairly similar.

Scott, did you go through the bother to use balanced circuits?

Yes, because I stole the design from RCA. How balanced it really was,
considering my handmade transformers and sloppy wiring, though, is another
question.
--scott