Old October 5th 08, 02:42 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Geloso G.209 parts ?

It's an Italian ham receiver from the 60s I think, 12 American tubes,
double conversion, well made. It followed me home from the Belton
hamfest. Right now it's on the Variac to see if it works. It looks
very good but has a crack in the dial cover and needs a Geloso logo disc
for the dial. Does anyone know of any source of parts? This is the
only one I've ever seen.
Thanks
Hank wd5jfr

Old October 5th 08, 03:32 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Hello Hank:

The vfo, with logo, was sold separately and a small number of them were
sold. They come up from time to time on eBay, often unbuilt. You should be
able to find both parts with a semi-diligent search.

73, Colin K7FM

Old October 5th 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

There's a web site dedicated to Geloso on
http://www.geocities.com/siliconvall...40/geloso.html

At the top of the page there's a good image of the logo, maybe you could
copy it?

73 de 'BF

Old October 5th 08, 04:36 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

G9BF Calling! wrote:
There's a web site dedicated to Geloso on
http://www.geocities.com/siliconvall...40/geloso.html

Wow, neat.

Thankies.

Jeff

Old October 5th 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

I didn't mention it but the G.212-TR came along for the ride. It's AM,
CW only but the Rx has a product detector. The serial numbers on both
are in the low 2000s so there must have been a few made. I wonder if
many made it to the USA or still exist? The Tx has a good logo badge,
it looks like it clear cast plastic with lettering that's relieved and
gold filled. I've uploaded some pics to
http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/wd5jfr/
Thanks

--

73
Hank WD5JFR

et...

Old October 5th 08, 05:32 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

[...]

Handsome looking set. I have a Geloso VFO N.I.B. that I picked up
a while back for a homebrew CW transmitter project I'll get around
to doing someday Let us know how it plays when you fire it up.

Pete

Old October 7th 08, 03:32 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Oct 5, 9:42 am, "Henry Kolesnik"
wrote:
It's an Italian ham receiver from the 60s I think, 12 American tubes,
double conversion, well made. It followed me home from the Belton
hamfest. Right now it's on the Variac to see if it works. It looks
very good but has a crack in the dial cover and needs a Geloso logo disc
for the dial. Does anyone know of any source of parts? This is the
only one I've ever seen.
Thanks
Hank wd5jfr

Hey Neat;
I had a Geloso receiver once, worked Beautiful & had that Euro
styling.
Bad part was low audion & many of us tried to find out why but never
did!
FYI, Geloso Receivers & Xmtrs were also made in Brazil under the name
"DELTA".
A friend had a pair for sale, I shudda bought them:-(
Rich
Old October 8th 08, 11:26 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Henry wrote on Sun, 5 Oct 2008 08:42:23 -0500:

HK It's an Italian ham receiver from the 60s I think, 12 American tubes,
HK double conversion, well made. It followed me home from the Belton
HK hamfest. Right now it's on the Variac to see if it works. It looks
HK very good but has a crack in the dial cover and needs a Geloso logo
HK disc for the dial. Does anyone know of any source of parts? This is
HK the only one I've ever seen.
HK Thanks
HK Hank wd5jfr

The missing logo is very common in Geloso sets, as common as difficult
to find now. The dialcover is not so rare on eBay, sold mostly with the VFO
kit. I have a couple of new ones but are the 'lab' version, Geloso made
some versions for other brands to be used in lab gears, so, the low
rounded part in the middle has no logo and is squared than rounded
like in this kind of 'rich people' receivers. If you need it let me know.
Also, if you need service notes for this receiver just ask me.
NOTE: this receiver has a point on the chassis to connect converters
for 144 and 430 mhz, often on eBay, they may be used only
with Geloso receivers so they go for low pricing.
The top of the line was the G214, the last 'old school' chassis type,
the G216 was on printed circuit and gave lot of troubles.
The most common troubles in those receivers are located in
the compact tuning box (you have access to it on bottom side); they
usually fail switching, a pain to disassemble to deoxit and for caps
replacing, i may have a new one somewhere IIRC.

Daniele
http://www.tuberadio.it

Old October 14th 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 11:08:47 -0500, "Henry Kolesnik"
wrote:

The serial numbers on both
are in the low 2000s so there must have been a few made.

Not if they started with number 2000 !!