RadioBanter

-   -   How can this be? Amplifier for sale (https://www.radiobanter.com/boatanchors/137849-how-can-amplifier-sale.html)

Registered User October 23rd 08 10:17 PM

How can this be? Amplifier for sale

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 08:46:06 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

-snip-
You don`t see this.. ,FOR SALE: CB amplifier runs1000 watts on
citizens band,no license needed.You do see this.. HAM AMPLIFIER ,,ON
TEN METERS , runs 1000 watts output with 2 watts input...Maybe you
get it,maybe you don1t,,,who cares ,,,,my last post on the
subject ...W4PQW

When one gets the "it" what should their feelings be about any
amplifier, commercial or homebrew, that covers 10M?

73 de n4jvp

Kevin Dooks October 24th 08 09:31 AM

How can this be? Amplifier for sale

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 06:10:19 -0400, "Tio Pedro"
wrote:

"Kevin Dooks" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 21:02:30 -0400, "Tio Pedro"
wrote:

What's the big deal anyway, any clod who can use a soldering iron without

doing him/herself a serious injury can BUILD an 11/10 Meter amp, all ya need
is a schematic and some $$ for parts

1: Legality
2: Spectral Purity
3: Collateral damage to other services
a. making once legal products illegal
b. unlicensed pirates on ham frequencies.

Isn't that enough?

1: Legality, hmm the 'Legality' of amps is purely an arbitrary
decision made by the (laughable) powers that (try) to be.

2: Any half-ways decently built amp, ss or tube, has reasonably clean
output provided it is properly adjusted, the driving signal is clean
and the amp isn't overdriven. I know, lots of conditions.

3: See above answer.

a. See 1 above.

b. Finally a valid point and one with which I am in COMPLETE
agreement!

Buily my first ss amp at 14 from a Motorola data book 150 Wo 80 thru
10, my first tube amp from an ARRL handbook, 1983 I think. 500 Wi,
also 80 thru 10. Ya GOTTA love sweep tubes !!

M0WYM[_2_] October 25th 08 02:09 PM

How can this be? Amplifier for sale

If either of you cared one iota about amateur radio you would stop
calling each other jerks and perhaps grow up a little!

--
M0WYM
www.radiowymsey.org

Sign today!
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/SaveShortwave/

Don Bowey October 25th 08 04:29 PM

How can this be? Amplifier for sale

On 10/25/08 6:09 AM, in article , "M0WYM"
wrote:

If either of you cared one iota about amateur radio you would stop
calling each other jerks and perhaps grow up a little!

You're an idiot.

geek October 26th 08 05:56 AM

wrote:

If either of you cared one iota about amateur radio you would stop
calling each other jerks and perhaps grow up a little!

You're an idiot.

Sorry, you whiners are.

I've been following this thread and you whiny hams sure make a good case
why the ham bands should go to BPL usage.

JB[_3_] October 26th 08 02:57 PM

How can this be? Amplifier for sale

If either of you cared one iota about amateur radio you would stop
calling each other jerks and perhaps grow up a little!

You're an idiot.

Sorry, you whiners are.

I've been following this thread and you whiny hams sure make a good case
why the ham bands should go to BPL usage.

The great majority of hams pass these posts by because there is no
interest there for the regular hams. You will find fringe types in
all hobbies. This whole thread is a troll to help advertise a shady
procuct (no longer listed/probably sold) to a selected defective
non-ham interest group.

Don Bowey October 26th 08 04:47 PM

How can this be? Amplifier for sale

On 10/26/08 7:57 AM, in article , "JB"
wrote:

If either of you cared one iota about amateur radio you would stop
calling each other jerks and perhaps grow up a little!

You're an idiot.

Sorry, you whiners are.

I've been following this thread and you whiny hams sure make a good case
why the ham bands should go to BPL usage.

The great majority of hams pass these posts by because there is no
interest there for the regular hams. You will find fringe types in
all hobbies. This whole thread is a troll to help advertise a shady
procuct (no longer listed/probably sold) to a selected defective
non-ham interest group.

If you use the item number you can still see the item.

It did not sell. According to the owner, the minimum was not met, but I see
another story. His other listings have been pulled, so I think Ebay got
this guy thanks to those who took time to report the illegal auction.

JB[_3_] October 26th 08 09:17 PM

How can this be? Amplifier for sale

This whole thread is a troll to help advertise a shady
procuct (no longer listed/probably sold) to a selected defective
non-ham interest group.

If you use the item number you can still see the item.

It did not sell. According to the owner, the minimum was not met, but I

see
another story. His other listings have been pulled, so I think Ebay got
this guy thanks to those who took time to report the illegal auction.

I also noticed he was buying stuff from Henry Radio, so he did at least do
some of the manufacture.so no amount of self-serving tricks and excuses can
save him from prosecution.