Old October 23rd 08, 03:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default How can this be? Amplifier for sale

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 21:02:30 -0400, "Tio Pedro"
wrote:

wrote in message
LOOK AT Ebay item 130262773998...Heres a good example of what ham
radio has turned into.First,it is not legal to sell an amplifier that
is capable of CB use..Second, Who would bid over $700 (and rising)
for piece of junk ,a pig- in -the poke, It might work and it might
not..They are using AMATEUR RADIO as a platform to sell this
crap..Shame,Shame...Shame on us for allowing it to happen.. W4PQW

Didn't the FCC rescind the ban on 10 meter amplifiers?

pete

What's the big deal anyway, any clod who can use a soldering iron without doing him/herself a serious injury can BUILD an 11/10 Meter amp, all ya need is a schematic and some $$ for parts

Old October 23rd 08, 11:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

wrote:

What's the big deal anyway, any clod who can use a soldering iron without

doing him/herself a serious injury can BUILD an 11/10 Meter amp, all ya need
is a schematic and some $$ for parts

1: Legality
2: Spectral Purity
3: Collateral damage to other services
a. making once legal products illegal
b. unlicensed pirates on ham frequencies.

Isn't that enough?

Old October 24th 08, 09:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 06:10:19 -0400, "Tio Pedro"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

What's the big deal anyway, any clod who can use a soldering iron without

doing him/herself a serious injury can BUILD an 11/10 Meter amp, all ya need
is a schematic and some $$ for parts

1: Legality
2: Spectral Purity
3: Collateral damage to other services
a. making once legal products illegal
b. unlicensed pirates on ham frequencies.

Isn't that enough?

1: Legality, hmm the 'Legality' of amps is purely an arbitrary
decision made by the (laughable) powers that (try) to be.

2: Any half-ways decently built amp, ss or tube, has reasonably clean
output provided it is properly adjusted, the driving signal is clean
and the amp isn't overdriven. I know, lots of conditions.

3: See above answer.

a. See 1 above.

b. Finally a valid point and one with which I am in COMPLETE
agreement!

Buily my first ss amp at 14 from a Motorola data book 150 Wo 80 thru
10, my first tube amp from an ARRL handbook, 1983 I think. 500 Wi,
also 80 thru 10. Ya GOTTA love sweep tubes !!

FOR SALE: TPL PA6-1AC UHF RF Amplifier Norm VE3CZI Swap 0 May 27th 08 03:34 PM
Super RF amplifier for sale Bruce W.1 CB 2 May 29th 05 02:54 AM
RF AMPLIFIER FOR SALE jj CB 1 January 29th 05 10:24 PM
FOR SALE HEATHKIT SB 230 HF AMPLIFIER peter linke Swap 1 February 20th 04 01:23 AM
4-SALE AMP-SUPPLY LK-450 AMPLIFIER Dwight 136 Equipment 0 December 4th 03 04:07 PM