Old November 6th 08, 10:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Lafayette HA-350 preselector capacitor.

I received an HA-350 that had been dropped on it's preselector knob. The
capacitor is broken. Opening the radio and moving it to the unmeshed position
(7 mHz) shows that the radio does work, quite well in fact. However it can
not receive anything on any other bands.

I have the manual, but it does not give any description of the capacitor.

Anyone have any specs besides it's a dual air variable? My guess is that it's
a 365uuf capacitor as they were common items when the radio was made.

Anyone have one to spare they would be willing to donate to restoring the
radio, or a source for them?

Thanks,

Geoff.

Old November 7th 08, 02:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote in message
Anyone have any specs besides it's a dual air variable? My guess is that
it's

a 365uuf capacitor as they were common items when the radio was made.

Geoff.

I'd guess it would be around 100pF, or less, per section. The maximum
it has to tune is the 500 kHz spread for the 80 meter band.

Pete

Old November 7th 08, 06:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Edmund H. Ramm wrote:

Thomas, KC0IMN used to have a fine web-site dedicated to Lafayette
products. Unfortunately it went offline some time ago. But
www.agtannenbaum.com seems to have copies of the HA-350 manual.

Thank's, I found several copies of the manual of different quality
and scanning technique. They all contain a schematic with no value listed
for the capacitor and do not include a parts list. :-(

Geoff.

[FA] TUNER PRESELECTOR MFJ-956 Marconi Shortwave 1 September 5th 07 01:38 AM
Preselector Jim Hackett Shortwave 10 April 30th 06 12:06 AM
WTB - Lowe PR-150 Preselector John Schneider Shortwave 0 March 9th 05 04:46 PM
DX-160: Preselector or 9:1 transformer [email protected] Shortwave 23 January 7th 05 07:51 PM
ISO Lowes PR-150 PreSelector [email protected] Shortwave 0 December 3rd 04 03:00 AM