Old April 28th 06, 12:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Jim Hackett

Default Preselector

I've been getting all kinds of advice from everyone wherever I
posted this question and I really appreciate everyone's replies but I guess
I wasn't too clear on my needs. I
shouldn't have even mentioned the blowtorch as it really isn't a problem.
IF I was at home during the day and wanted to listen to the shortwave, it
would be a MAJOR problem. Alas, I work for a living and am not home during
the day. I just mentioned that. Why, I'm not sure. What I was REALLY
wanting to know was if a preselector would help with blocking spurious
signals and images out of my older tube single conversion radios. Nothing to
do with the blowtorch. He isn't a problem in the evening after they turn
down the power. Again, I appreciate everyone's comments. I am learning
more than I could have hoped to.

Old April 28th 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Preselectors are OK ; they do block some stuff;
- however, it comes at a price of a few less decibels of input from the
antenna

Buy the Cheaper MFJ unit; it will probably help the older tube sets.

http://www.mfjenterprises.com/produc...prodid=MFJ-956

I had it , then upgraded to the 1046;
- which I have now disconnected..

Nice, but not mandatory

Old April 28th 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Jim Hackett

I'm not entirely sure I want one but the price could be a determining
factor.

"Lisa Simpson" wrote in message
.. .
If ya really want a 956, I have one for sale . . .

oups.com...

Old April 28th 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Lisa Simpson

Price just dropped to $40! : } ~1 month old; includes the 956-receiver
cable . . .

"Jim Hackett" wrote in message
. net...
I'm not entirely sure I want one but the price could be a determining
factor.

"Lisa Simpson" wrote in message
.. .
If ya really want a 956, I have one for sale . . .

oups.com...

Old April 28th 06, 11:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Jim Hackett

Old April 28th 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Jim Hackett

Strange as I found it to be...

doesn't seem to be a valid address...

"Lisa Simpson" wrote in message
.. .
Price just dropped to $40! : } ~1 month old; includes the 956-receiver
cable . . .

"Jim Hackett" wrote in message
. net...
I'm not entirely sure I want one but the price could be a determining
factor.

"Lisa Simpson" wrote in message
.. .
If ya really want a 956, I have one for sale . . .

oups.com...

Old April 29th 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Seeee,how smart Lisa is?
cuhulin

Old April 29th 06, 05:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Lisa Simpson

Just made another attempt . . .

"Jim Hackett" wrote in message
et...

Ok, this isn't funny... I tried to reply to your email SEVERAL times now
and EVERY time I tried Explorer crashes...

"Lisa Simpson" wrote in message
.. .
done!

. com...