Old January 12th 09, 09:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default LS-3 speaker

Antonio Vernucci wrote:

I would not like to build a stabilized power supply, as that would be quite a
huge machine. Anyway I shall give a look to the diagram and see whether there
would be any simple way to feed just the oscillator tube with a separate
stabilized HV.

I know it seems like cheating.... but... consider a zener and TIP50 darlington.
--scott
Old January 13th 09, 11:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

I know it seems like cheating.... but... consider a zener and TIP50
darlington.
--scott

Yes, using a series regulator is certainly a possibility.

With a current of up to 350 mA (average) and a voltage drop across the
regulator that cannot reasonably be lower than 250V, the power dissipated in the
regulator would be around 90W, which is not enormous but not negligible either.

However in my case I plan to obtain 1000VDC using a voltage doubler. So I could
use two separate series regulators on each of the two 500VDC arms of the supply.
This would probably make the design simpler.

73

Tony I0JX

AS NEW JRC NVA-319 Speaker FS Charlie Hugg Shortwave 1 September 23rd 08 07:25 AM
speaker Rich Swap 2 April 22nd 08 10:24 PM
1949 JENSEN SPEAKER Duplex Speaker [email protected] Swap 0 August 22nd 05 02:32 AM
FA: BC-348 and Speaker, Johnson Adventurer, Hallicrafters R-46 Speaker [email protected] Boatanchors 0 June 19th 05 02:55 AM