Old January 18th 09, 02:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default WTD: Collins KWM-2 or -2A

Really want with power supply, will consider if not. Must be
functional and ok looking. Museum pieces need not apply.

David Goncalves
W1EUJ
Old January 19th 09, 02:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Can you advise what "WTD" stands for?

Thanks,

Jim

Old January 19th 09, 09:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

WTD seems to be a rare letter combination. Most of what I've seen is WTB,
which stands for Wanted To Buy. I had to read the text and infer that the
author was interested in finding a seller. The prospective buyer could
have indicated a few other things such as his location and how much he was
willing to pay and whether his email address was live (so many people have
munged email addresses or, worse, spam blocking software [people have, for
example, given me their email address but never adjusted their spam
blocking software so my email to them dissappears or gets bounced back to
me, thus making it impossible for any followup, fallback communication]).

He used the word "functional," also, and there is a range of functionality
possible in such gear. Doe the author intend to use it on the air? Or, if
you turn on the power switch, tubes light up and rig puts out half power
and "dirty audio" or what.

I wish the guy luck, but stuff like Collins usually ends up on eBay.

The author might well consider using google and search terms to see if
what he wants might be available someplace else.

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009, Tom NØJMY wrote:

"Wanted"

Old January 19th 09, 09:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

[...]

Not sure if this was cross-posted, but in rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,
just four posts down from the original thread, is a post for a KWM-2A for
sale.

Barry - N4BUQ

Old January 19th 09, 09:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"Barry" wrote in message
[...]

Don't know what happened, but the "" symbols didn't show up in my reply.
My response consisted of only the last paragraph above (starting with "Not
sure").

Barry - N4BUQ

Old January 24th 09, 04:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Stuff Barry Said...

My brief message didn't seem to hamper people from responding to my
post.

If I post the most I'm willing to spend, how do I bargain that down
later?
The radio is light enough to ship and not extremely fragile and most
posters are located in the United States, so location is not very
important. I'd be wasting my time if I my email didn't work - if I had
problems, I'd have said something.

I think I picked up WTD from somewhere else and dropped it here. I
will be careful next time.

He used the word "functional," also, and there is a range of functionality
possible in such gear. Doe the author intend to use it on the air? Or, if
you turn on the power switch, tubes light up and rig puts out half power
and "dirty audio" or what.

Jeez, do I have to write a full specification of what I'm looking for?
Not wanting to waste time, I made the simple statement. Good enough
for eliminating 'shoots sparks' and 'the knob doesn't turn' radios.
Anything else, I'd like to talk over with the owner privately.
Somebody who can't figure that it means, I'm not likely to get very
good information from anyway.

I wish the guy luck, but stuff like Collins usually ends up on eBay.

Yes, they are on eBay, but they are always at a premium. It takes
little time to post on Usenet for, for what might turn out to be a
very good deal.

The author might well consider using google and search terms to see if
what he wants might be available someplace else.

Done, done, done. I'm posting all over the internet in appropriate
places, and calling many of my friends, looking for the best deal.

Not sure if this was cross-posted, but in rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,
just four posts down from the original thread, is a post for a KWM-2A for
sale.

Yep, contacted that guy too. His radio is nice.

Barry - N4BUQ

Crazy guy!

David Goncalves
W1EUJ
Old January 24th 09, 04:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

OOPS! Sorry Barry - didn't see your note there. My comments are
actually for that Stray Dog fellow. And he IS crazy - 1300 posts this
month, that's nearly 60 posts a day!

Stray Dog - go outside more!!

David Goncalves
W1EUJ
Old January 24th 09, 08:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Dave Goncalves wrote:
OOPS! Sorry Barry - didn't see your note there. My comments are
actually for that Stray Dog fellow. And he IS crazy - 1300 posts this
month, that's nearly 60 posts a day!

Stray Dog - go outside more!!

David Goncalves
W1EUJ

Just WTD to say, there's some nice guys out there that will sell you
theirs *without* eBay!

TTYL,
73,
Tom NØJMY. .

www.hayseedhamfest.com
Multi-section Can Capacitors
for Heathkit, Drake, Halli, Hammy, more...