Old August 4th 09, 09:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default A bit more on WTB & FS posts??

Hi All,
Just a lurker here, really and would like to maybe expand on the
recent discussion about FS and WTB type posts a bit.

I have visited this group on and off for a few years and not
participated mostly due to having little of substance to contribute. I
used to have a bunch of BA gear, but time and space have kept me from
doing anything with any of the stuff I do still have. As such, I found
my way back here looking to maybe divest myself of most of the stuff
that I still have. I love this old stuff, but realize that I just won't
likely have the time or space to ever do much with most of it. I bothers
me to have it sit unused here when there are likely folks who would use
and appreciate the stuff. Much of it has gone unused for years now, and
I realize that it is not likely to get used any time soon.

The primary reason I would think to post FS stuff here is that this
seems to be one place that would attract folks who are interested in
what I have. Nothing more.

In an honest effort to not be "That guy" who arrives here to sell a
bunch of stuff with little else to offer, any suggestions as to where
one could most readily sell some of this? I'm not looking to get rich
here, just get a few bucks for the stuff that may be worth something to
someone. I'm pretty much sick of ebay, and it seems to offer less and
less value and more and more hassle these days, unless you are some sort
of volume seller. I have no interest in that.

So please don't chew me up, I'm not whining, just curious. Any
suggestions as to what would be an appropriate and effective venue?
Thanks,

-Al
Old August 4th 09, 10:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"AL A." wrote in message
[...]

Good luck Al. My own instinct would be to post it once. There is a frequent
poster here who continually peddles stuff and I got so irritated that I
simply blocked him. Others may have too.

You may get flamed for it, but the briefer the better with perhaps a veiled
reference to your email address for fuurther details. Maybe a one liner like
'FS: Boatanchor gear including lightweight version of AR88 Joe at bloggs dot
comm'?

Old August 5th 09, 01:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

An excellent place to post things for sale is QTH.com.
It is free, and there are sub-areas where you can list things.

Rick K2XT

Old August 5th 09, 08:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

I'd agree with that, QTH.net has lots of categories for different
equipments, makers, etc so you can target the right people for your sales.
I've frequently bought stuff in from the US via QTH, without problems.

Roger/G3VKM

news

Old August 5th 09, 05:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

I'd agree with that, QTH.net has lots of categories for different

It is:
http://swap.qth.com

Old August 6th 09, 01:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Thanks for the input, guys. I do appreciate it.
It sounds like QTH.net is the first place to try.
Maybe get a few things posted there this weekend.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.
Regards,

Al
WB1BQC
Old August 10th 09, 02:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"I think" that if your sales post serves this group in support of this hobby
as apposed to making a killing then I welcome it. There have been many
posters with gear or specialty parts that I have purchased. I also have
collected old gear like RF gens for free to pass on to others that I entice
into the hobby.

I think properly labeled in the subject line, briefly worded with a decently
fair posted price is respectable.

BTW - My 17 year old son, out of summer school, was looking to avoiding
working at KFC. His alternative is pushing a mower (1 job) and with me in
the shop/shack. Today, he spent his first 4 hour politely listening to me
while taking apart, looking up schematics and testing tubes on his very
first restoration Emerson 695 AA5 clock radio!!!! I have two presentations
to Elmer Hams on radio restoration with steps to follow.
http://www.ppinyot.com/S/slides.htm It helps greatly if he can read
something and follow with me coaching.......

I told him whatever he "restores" (we don't fix radios here) found in the
garage he can sell and keep the money. He is already scheduling me to
Kutztown this fall. Unfortunately, we have a wedding to attend.

Wish us luck, pray for us.
I hope it lasts :~)

Paul P

"AL A." wrote in message
[...]

ART - Your Many Posts Richard Fry Antenna 21 July 16th 08 03:10 AM
I crap on posts JMS Policy 0 June 6th 07 11:24 PM
Why can't I see my posts????? Bill Equipment 2 November 12th 06 08:21 PM
When your posts are NOT your posts... John Smith Policy 10 July 2nd 05 03:30 AM
Sorry for some multiple posts. [email protected] Shortwave 1 December 16th 04 02:15 AM