Old November 25th 09, 12:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default What has happened?

Every evening after 1900 Hrs, ( 7 PM est), I have been listening and
calling cq with my old
gear. Not right on 3599 but just below it. Haven't heard anyone call
me or call cq. My old
SX-117 hears other signals , maybe I'm just hard of hearing.
John K4ZYF
Old November 25th 09, 02:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

John,

I'm there but 80 meters has been awfully wicked the last week. After 0100
GMT it seems to go from strong, consistent signals to fluttery mediocre
signals. I too have been calling CQ on 3599 like a cat wanting its supper
with no success. Since my posting I have left 3599 on and monitored it (on
vintage gear of course) while I do other things but so far it seems to be a
wasted effort.

Indeed I am listening for you and anyone else interested in trying to
establish a "loosey-goosey" vintage gear calling frequency.

Hope you and yours enjoy a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

58 es QTX, WA9VLK

Whatever happened to [email protected] Homebrew 3 January 9th 06 11:10 PM
what happened to AEA? PDRUNEN Equipment 0 October 20th 04 03:01 AM
what happened to AEA? PDRUNEN Equipment 0 October 20th 04 03:01 AM
Whatever happened.. scanman Scanner 5 August 1st 03 06:18 PM
What Ever Happened To Burr Scanner 0 July 12th 03 08:13 PM