Old November 30th 09, 02:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default RCA ETM-25

At the local antiques flea market yesterday, someone had an old RCA
2-8MHz AM/CW transciever. I'm 80% certain it was model "ETM-25", but it
might have been "EMT-25" -- I've spent ten or twenty minutes googling
and have found no references to it.

Had a single 807 output and a pair of 807s in the modulator section.

Guy wanted $6000 (~ USD475) for it, and I walked on by.

He said he'll be there next week -- anyone have any data on this radio?

73
--XE1/N1GAK
Old November 30th 09, 02:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"Lawrence Statton" wrote in
message ...

At the local antiques flea market yesterday, someone had
an old RCA
2-8MHz AM/CW transciever. I'm 80% certain it was model
"ETM-25", but it
might have been "EMT-25" -- I've spent ten or twenty
minutes googling
and have found no references to it.

Had a single 807 output and a pair of 807s in the
modulator section.

Guy wanted $6000 (~ USD475) for it, and I walked on by.

He said he'll be there next week -- anyone have any data
on this radio?

73
--XE1/N1GAK

This sounds like it may be Radiomarine equipment.
Radiomarine was a division of RCA that provided ship to
shore communication and equipment. Many of their models had
an ET prefix. The frequencies are about right for marine use
especially inland waterways.

Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles
WB6KBL

Old November 30th 09, 03:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009, Richard Knoppow wrote:

"Lawrence Statton" wrote in
message ...

[...]

The frequency range definitely was a giveaway.

Before the VHF marine band came about, anyone who had a radio
in their boat was in that range (though I gather radio was a lot
less in common use in boats at that point, because of the bulk of
the equipment, because of the cost, and maybe there were more
restrictions in that HF band).

I remember when the deadline to move to SSB in that HF marine band
came along. There was lots of talk about what could be done
with the old AM transceivers, but of course by then there wasn't
that much interest in AM on the HF bands, so it never seemed to
be the windfall that surplus FM rigs in the VHF bands were.

Michael VE2BVW