Old December 20th 09, 05:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Heathkit What is it ?

What is this heathkit item?

[IMG]http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz123/sparky12x/DSCF0014.jpg[/
IMG]

[IMG]http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz123/sparky12x/DSCF0013.jpg[/
IMG]
Old December 20th 09, 09:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

I have aRoger Johnson wrote:
sparky wrote:
What is this heathkit item?

[IMG]http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz123/sparky12x/DSCF0014.jpg[/
IMG]

[IMG]http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz123/sparky12x/DSCF0013.jpg[/
IMG]

Looks like it is the RF deck from a receiver...perhaps the Mohawk.

73, Roge

I have an RME RF pre-amp that uses 3 tuned RF stages to boost the signal
and this thing looks like it might serve the same purpose. All I see is
tuned circuits and tubes. It should be interesting to know what it
really is.

Bill Baka
Old December 20th 09, 10:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Dec 20, 12:20*pm, Roger Johnson wrote:
sparky wrote:
What is this heathkit item?

[IMG]http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz123/sparky12x/DSCF0014.jpg[/
IMG]

[IMG]http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz123/sparky12x/DSCF0013.jpg[/
IMG]

Looks like it is the RF deck from a receiver...perhaps the Mohawk.

73, Roge

Should be a part number rubber stamped somewhere on the assembly. If
so, check it to an assembly manual for the Mohawk.

Paul
Old December 21st 09, 11:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

It's the front end to an RX-1 Mohawk receiver. They were supplied with the
kit pre-assembled.

Darrell, WA5VGO

Old December 22nd 09, 12:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Anybody interested in getting it ?

Old December 22nd 09, 12:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

sparky wrote:
Anybody interested in getting it ?

On Dec 21, 6:46 pm, Darrell wrote:
It's the front end to an RX-1 Mohawk receiver. They were supplied with the
kit pre-assembled.

Darrell, WA5VGO

The Mohawk was an amateur band only receiver wasn't it?
Old January 4th 10, 09:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Darrell wrote:
It's the front end to an RX-1 Mohawk receiver. They were supplied with the
kit pre-assembled.

Darrell, WA5VGO

What is this heathkit item?

[IMG]http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz123/sparky12x/DSCF0014.jpg[/
IMG]

[IMG]http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz123/sparky12x/DSCF0013.jpg[/
IMG]

Nice images. I guess the box is still original Heath fabrication, as it
was shipped 40-50 years ago? I have uploaded some new Heathkit images
last week, in no small part thanks to N4TRB! Both RX-1 and TX-1
side-by-side can be found he

http://rigreference.com/rigs/compare/2935,2948

--
RigReference.com - Reference guide for ham radio equipment
http://rigreference.com/
Old January 5th 10, 11:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Jan 4, 4:13*pm, PH5E wrote:
Darrell wrote:
It's the front end to an RX-1 Mohawk receiver. They were supplied with the
kit pre-assembled.

Darrell, WA5VGO

What is this heathkit item?

[IMG]http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz123/sparky12x/DSCF0014.jpg[/
IMG]

[IMG]http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz123/sparky12x/DSCF0013.jpg[/
IMG]

Nice images. I guess the box is still original Heath fabrication, as it
was shipped 40-50 years ago? I have uploaded some new Heathkit images
last week, in no small part thanks to N4TRB! Both RX-1 and TX-1
side-by-side can be found he

http://rigreference.com/rigs/compare/2935,2948

--
RigReference.com - Reference guide for ham radio equipmenthttp://rigreference.com/

It still has the original heathkit box.
It is going to a new home, courtesy of this newsgroup.