Old February 9th 10, 04:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Jim Jim is offline

Default Help Need Manuals for Meissner Calibrator and HP-312

I guess this weekends Aurora Repeater Association Hamfest in Brighton
Co was a success for me. I brought home a few items. I didn't find the
tubes I was looking for, but did find a 7094 at a fair price even if
it is dead.

But the two big items needed work. One, A Meissner 9-1076 Calibrator,
(100 kc frequency standard), had been mostly recapped, it just needed
new filter caps. Unfortunately neither it nor the HP-312 Frequency
Selective Voltmeter (a DC to 18 Mhz receiver with a highly accurate
signal strength meter) work. As usual neither came with a manual.

They both are boatanchors. The Meissner Calibrator in age and the
HP-312 in weight.

I am in need of manuals for both. That Surplus dealer in Nebraska has
a manual, but it costs more than twice what the calibrator cost me and
the HP-312 isn't even on the Agilent site or any other I could find.

So I am asking for help. Does anyone have either of these manuals? I'd
like to scan the HP-312 manual and send it to the Agilent old manual
site for others to use as well as use it myself.
Old February 9th 10, 12:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 20:43:49 -0800 (PST), Jim wrote:

HP-312 Frequency Selective Voltmeter

312-what? The letter suffix is often needed for HP equipment. Is it a
312A, B, C or D? Also, the serial number is often needed to provide
the correct manual (or change sheets) for a particular instrument.

I have a scan of the 312B/D manual for serials above 312-B-1534A00401
and 312-D-1523A00101, including changes for later serials.

Dale H. Cook, Chief Engineer, Centennial Broadcasting,
Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA - WZZU / WZZI / WLNI / WVMP
http://plymouthcolony.net/starcity/starcity.html
Old February 10th 10, 03:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Jim Jim is offline

On Feb 9, 5:39*am, Dale H. Cook
wrote:
On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 20:43:49 -0800 (PST), Jim *wrote:
HP-312 Frequency Selective Voltmeter

312-what? The letter suffix is often needed for HP equipment. Is it a
312A, B, C or D? Also, the serial number is often needed to provide
the correct manual (or change sheets) for a particular instrument.

Dale H. Cook, Chief Engineer, Centennial Broadcasting,
Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA - WZZU / WZZI / WLNI / WVMPhttp://plymouthcolony.net/starcity/starcity.html

Well, a deep subject, and so is this unit. The Front panel says 312A
but the missing (never installed)serial number plate may have implied
something different. That coupled with the unlabeled external 1 Mhz
reference connector and reference selector switch, on the rear panel,
the never installed input probe and left hand input BNC connector, and
the LED display suggests that what I have is an engineering prototype.
The 312 series was apparently designed and built in the HP Loveland
plant, it would seem to be a good explanation of what I have given
where I bought it.

The 312B/D Manual is available on BAMA. So I will try and use that to
get this unit receiving.

Thats for all the info I received on and off this group.

Jim
Old February 23rd 10, 02:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Hi Jim:

I have "complete instructions for operation of the signal calibrator model
9-1006" This version has a 50 kc and 10 kc multivibrator (6N7s) and 1852s
in the output stage. Your calibrator is different - unless you copied the
number wrong. Let me know if this will help

73, Colin K7FM