Old March 10th 10, 03:14 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Scrounging for some old parts (FOUND)

On Mar 9, 5:13*pm, Bill M wrote:
Jeffrey D Angus wrote:
Bill M wrote:
I've located all the parts I needed. *Thanks guys.

You are of course, going to show us pictures of what you
did with them when you're finished. Right? Or no more parts
for you. ;-)

Jeff

Actually its a rehash of an earlier project that didn't live up to
expectations.

Pic at: *http://www.sparkbench.com/xmtr030510-2.jpg

Its kind of tacked together as a 'prototype' in the photo. *Now that
I've got it fairly well tweaked out its time to rebuild it properly and
replace the new parts with some OLD parts *Dropped a large dime at
PTOP today.

6AG7 VFO!!!, 42 Buffer/Doubler, 807 PA. *0D3 regulator. *Showing about
15 watts out on 40 with a clean enough signal to put on the air.

-ex

That is WAY-WAY cool!
Paul, KD7HB

Old March 10th 10, 10:03 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

AR88 Enthusiast wrote:
Lovely stuff! But what is the cloth in the backgound for? To keep the
valves warm and thus enhance frequency stability?

Thats a time-honoured photographic technique called HBC. Hiding
Background Clutter.

Bill
Old March 10th 10, 11:48 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Bill M wrote:

AR88 Enthusiast wrote:
Lovely stuff! But what is the cloth in the backgound for? To keep the
valves warm and thus enhance frequency stability?

Thats a time-honoured photographic technique called HBC. Hiding
Background Clutter.

IOW, you didn't want to clean your bench. ;-)

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.