Old March 8th 10, 03:09 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Scrounging for some old parts

Need some items for a project. Check your junkboxes!

1. Meter, 250ma, round black, 3-1/4 or 3-1/2 OD, similar to Weston 301,
etc.

2. Qty 2 of 1000pf (.001) domino-type mica caps. Small, low voltage ones.

3. Asstd old style 'dogbone' type carbon resistors. Could use a couple
each of 10k, 50k, 75k, 1 and/or 2 watters. Don't necessarily have to be
exactly within tolerance. I have some wiggle room

4. Tappable ceramic wirewound bleeder resistor. 50 to 75k more or
less, 20-25 watts.

Thanks in advance,

Bill WX4A

Old March 8th 10, 05:01 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Mar 7, 7:09*pm, Bill M wrote:
Need some items for a project. *Check your junkboxes!

1. *Meter, 250ma, round black, 3-1/4 or 3-1/2 OD, similar to Weston 301,
etc.

2. *Qty 2 of 1000pf (.001) domino-type mica caps. *Small, low voltage ones.

3. *Asstd old style 'dogbone' type carbon resistors. *Could use a couple
each of 10k, 50k, 75k, 1 and/or 2 watters. *Don't necessarily have to be
exactly within tolerance. *I have some wiggle room

4. *Tappable ceramic wirewound bleeder resistor. *50 to 75k more or
less, 20-25 watts.

Thanks in advance,

Bill WX4A

New or used?

Paul, KD7HB
Old March 8th 10, 06:24 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

wrote:

New or used?

Paul, KD7HB

Used would be fine.

-Bill
Old March 8th 10, 06:30 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Pyrex glass aeriall insulators

Talking of dogbones, I am looking fora couple of those Pyrex glass aerial
insulators of the 1940-1960 era. Not the big ones but the ones about 100 mm
long. Anyone got a couple?

Alan VK2DRR

Old March 8th 10, 06:58 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

In article ,
AR88 Enthusiast wrote:
Talking of dogbones, I am looking fora couple of those Pyrex glass aerial
insulators of the 1940-1960 era. Not the big ones but the ones about 100 mm
long. Anyone got a couple?

They're too expensive! Use a glass cutter to cut the end off a soda bottle
and use the glass loop as your insulator!
--scott

Old March 8th 10, 07:06 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Ken Ken is offline

Bill M wrote:
Need some items for a project. Check your junkboxes!

1. Meter, 250ma, round black, 3-1/4 or 3-1/2 OD, similar to Weston 301,
etc.

2. Qty 2 of 1000pf (.001) domino-type mica caps. Small, low voltage ones.

3. Asstd old style 'dogbone' type carbon resistors. Could use a couple
each of 10k, 50k, 75k, 1 and/or 2 watters. Don't necessarily have to be
exactly within tolerance. I have some wiggle room

4. Tappable ceramic wirewound bleeder resistor. 50 to 75k more or
less, 20-25 watts.

Thanks in advance,

Bill WX4A

Looks like it's time to go to a radio meet and junk up. Ken
Old March 9th 10, 01:52 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Mar 8, 10:24*am, Bill M wrote:
wrote:

New or used?

Paul, KD7HB

Used would be fine.

-Bill

Checked this evening and you are about 35 years too late. what I do
have are way different values. Lone meter is too small.

Now, if you need some 1206 smt resistors or capacitors, I have dozens
of reels.

Paul, KD7HB
Old March 10th 10, 12:23 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Scrounging for some old parts (FOUND)

Bill M wrote:
I've located all the parts I needed. Thanks guys.

You are of course, going to show us pictures of what you
did with them when you're finished. Right? Or no more parts
for you. ;-)

Jeff

--
“Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.”
Frank Leahy, Head coach, Notre Dame 1941-1954

http://www.stay-connect.com
Old March 10th 10, 01:13 AM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Jeffrey D Angus wrote:
Bill M wrote:
I've located all the parts I needed. Thanks guys.

You are of course, going to show us pictures of what you
did with them when you're finished. Right? Or no more parts
for you. ;-)

Jeff

Actually its a rehash of an earlier project that didn't live up to
expectations.

Pic at: http://www.sparkbench.com/xmtr030510-2.jpg

Its kind of tacked together as a 'prototype' in the photo. Now that
I've got it fairly well tweaked out its time to rebuild it properly and
replace the new parts with some OLD parts Dropped a large dime at
PTOP today.

6AG7 VFO!!!, 42 Buffer/Doubler, 807 PA. 0D3 regulator. Showing about
15 watts out on 40 with a clean enough signal to put on the air.

-ex