Old April 5th 10, 10:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Sweep generator recommendations?

The time has come for me to add a sweep generator to my bench and I am
looking for recommendations. I would like to keep the cost as low as
possible yet have something that would be functional for what I do, which is
largely repairing receivers that operate between 500 kHz to 30 mHz. There
are tons of them for sale but wading through the multitude of brands and
models is somewhat daunting.

Old April 6th 10, 04:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Clive wrote:
The time has come for me to add a sweep generator to my bench and I am
looking for recommendations. I would like to keep the cost as low as
possible yet have something that would be functional for what I do, which is
largely repairing receivers that operate between 500 kHz to 30 mHz. There
are tons of them for sale but wading through the multitude of brands and
models is somewhat daunting.

Hewlett-Packard never made a bad piece of test equipment that wasn't a scope.

Just stay away from Eico and Heathkit and you'll be fine. There is a
Nida 444 on Ebay for $9.99 right now with only a few hours left.
--scott

FA: WAVETEK 1080 SWEEP GENERATOR Richard W. Solomon, W1KSZ Swap 0 April 26th 07 09:33 PM
OT - Knight KG-687 Sweep Generator Paul P Homebrew 0 September 23rd 06 05:37 AM
OT - Knight KG-687 Sweep Generator Paul P Boatanchors 0 September 23rd 06 05:35 AM
Sweep Generator AA5JJ Boatanchors 0 October 25th 03 07:21 AM
Sweep Generator AA5JJ Boatanchors 0 October 25th 03 07:21 AM