Old December 6th 11, 03:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default Opening Lakespur C-45 radio

I have a Lakespur C-45 military radio. I have removed the 9
hex screws and would like to know how to remove the
security screw.

What is the value of the C-45 untested?
Is it feasible to use it on the 24 and 28 Mhz bands?

I also have an AN/PRC-9A and am wondering about
the value of that untested and the feasibility of using
it.

Likewise and AN/PRC-64.

Thanks.

==========
When you die and go to Hell your'e going to
wish you weren't dead!
Old December 6th 11, 10:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On 06/12/2011 03:23, Barry OGrady wrote:
I have a Lakespur C-45 military radio. I have removed the 9
hex screws and would like to know how to remove the
security screw.

What is the value of the C-45 untested?
Is it feasible to use it on the 24 and 28 Mhz bands?

I also have an AN/PRC-9A and am wondering about
the value of that untested and the feasibility of using
it.

Likewise and AN/PRC-64.

Thanks.

==========
When you die and go to Hell your'e going to
wish you weren't dead!

Barry,

You'll probably find what you need if you ask on the Clansman/Larkspur
Yahoo group,

groups.yahoo.com/group/clansman_larkspur

HTH

Roger/G3VKM

Old December 6th 11, 02:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Barry OGrady wrote:
I have a Lakespur C-45 military radio. I have removed the 9
hex screws and would like to know how to remove the
security screw.

If you mean a Racal Larkspur set, I am not sure what you mean by the
security screw. It should come right apart.

VMARS in the UK should have a complete set of manuals for those things and
there is also a Yahoo Manpack Radio mailing list where people often discuss
such things. The Wireless No. 19 Set mailing list also has some of that.

What is the value of the C-45 untested?

I don't know, I suspect it's not a whole lot because they made millions
of those things. I suspect it also has a lot to do with whether the vibrator
supply is included.

Is it feasible to use it on the 24 and 28 Mhz bands?

It's FM-only, which at least in the US means 10M is the lowest band you
can use it on. Don't know about OZ.

I also have an AN/PRC-9A and am wondering about
the value of that untested and the feasibility of using
it.

PRC-8/9/10 sets were also a glut on the surplus market as they got pulled
out of Vietnam and replaced with PRC-25s that actually worked well. The
problem with those is that they need a strange B battery... some folks are
making replacements but they aren't cheap. You should be able to find the
US Army TM for it on the web.

Likewise and AN/PRC-64.

Now that actually might be worth something, although my guess is that it
would be hell to actually use on 80M. Again, the Army TM is probably out
there somewhere, if not on the web or in BAMA, Fair Radio Sales might have
it.
--scott

Old December 7th 11, 10:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On 6 Dec 2011 09:41:29 -0500, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

Barry OGrady wrote:
I have a Lakespur C-45 military radio. I have removed the 9
hex screws and would like to know how to remove the
security screw.

If you mean a Racal Larkspur set, I am not sure what you mean by the
security screw. It should come right apart.

It has ten screws on the front holding the case on. Nine fit
a standard hex key. One has no simple way to undo it.
Maybe I could grips.

VMARS in the UK should have a complete set of manuals for those things and
there is also a Yahoo Manpack Radio mailing list where people often discuss
such things. The Wireless No. 19 Set mailing list also has some of that.

I had a No. 19 set many years ago

What is the value of the C-45 untested?

I don't know, I suspect it's not a whole lot because they made millions
of those things. I suspect it also has a lot to do with whether the vibrator
supply is included.

That would explain why I got it cheap. I didn't get the power supply.

Is it feasible to use it on the 24 and 28 Mhz bands?

It's FM-only, which at least in the US means 10M is the lowest band you
can use it on. Don't know about OZ.

I think its the same here.

I also have an AN/PRC-9A and am wondering about
the value of that untested and the feasibility of using
it.

PRC-8/9/10 sets were also a glut on the surplus market as they got pulled
out of Vietnam and replaced with PRC-25s that actually worked well. The
problem with those is that they need a strange B battery... some folks are
making replacements but they aren't cheap. You should be able to find the
US Army TM for it on the web.

Likewise and AN/PRC-64.

Now that actually might be worth something, although my guess is that it
would be hell to actually use on 80M. Again, the Army TM is probably out
there somewhere, if not on the web or in BAMA, Fair Radio Sales might have
it.

Thanks. I don't expect to get them working.

--scott

--

20M opening Brett Policy 13 December 3rd 11 01:34 PM
Sporadic E Opening on 26 MHz 20 UT Jan 8 Jim Shaffer Shortwave 0 January 8th 08 11:26 PM
Afternoon opening Jay in the Mojave CB 0 October 30th 06 02:06 AM
FA: K40 for $1 opening bid Jim Bradley CB 0 October 16th 06 04:46 PM
ATS 909 / DX-398: Need help opening case Samantha Williams Shortwave 7 September 1st 03 06:00 AM