Old June 20th 12, 11:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default nm52A

hello,I am repairing a Stoddart NM52A(360mhz to 1ghz rx),it is
incomplete,someone took the input attenuator and parts of the input relay
system,the power supply is also incomplete.Otherwise ,it is in splendid
condition,
it was perfectly well preserved in its boxes.Is there someone who has the
schematic?
a look at google was unfortunate...
thanks ,73

--
Alain Nierveze F1gqb
www.radio-astronomie.com

Old June 20th 12, 02:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

nierveze wrote:
hello,I am repairing a Stoddart NM52A(360mhz to 1ghz rx),it is
incomplete,someone took the input attenuator and parts of the input relay
system,the power supply is also incomplete.Otherwise ,it is in splendid
condition,
it was perfectly well preserved in its boxes.Is there someone who has the
schematic?
a look at google was unfortunate...

I have never been able to find documentation for old Stoddart gear. They
are now a division of AR... you could try emailing someone at info at
ar-worldwide.com and see.

I have a couple VLF field strength meters that I'd love schematics or even
operating manuals for myself.

http://online.sfsu.edu/~hl/src.html has a little history of the company
but not much real info.
--scott

Old June 21st 12, 11:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

hello,thanks for your answer,I also have a nm67 and a nm57,all working
well,no documentation of course!!!
they are very useful to measure gain or nf of preamplifiers,or simply as
receivers.I have been using the nm57 on 137 mhz during lots of years to get
pictures from wheather sats.
The nm52a works well,I rebuilt the power supply ,made a connector between
the power supply box and the receiver(necessary voltages are written on the
front panel),and rearranged the input circuit ,because the input attenuator
and the calibrator circuit was removed,but not the noise diode;the two
relays connecting the rf heads are also present .It works I get airplanes
around 375 mhz,lots of stations around 400 mhz.I added a wide band lna,and
it is fantastic!!!!
Is the anyone that has some information:sensitivity,nf,frequency and
bandwith if the if,and some other things.???
73,best regards F1gqb

--
Alain Nierveze
www.radio-astronomie.com

Old June 22nd 12, 12:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

nierveze wrote:
hello,thanks for your answer,I also have a nm67 and a nm57,all working
well,no documentation of course!!!

I have an NM-12AT! I never did succeed in getting manuals for mine.

they are very useful to measure gain or nf of preamplifiers,or simply as
receivers.I have been using the nm57 on 137 mhz during lots of years to get
pictures from wheather sats.

That is pretty sensitive. The NM-12AT is not sensitive enough to get
the local airport beacon, although it will detect a signal from my
signal generator. I do not understand the calibration and meaurement
procedure and my suspicion is that the front end is damaged because the
sensitivity is so poor.

Is the anyone that has some information:sensitivity,nf,frequency and
bandwith if the if,and some other things.???

No, I wish I did!
--scott

Old June 26th 12, 01:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

hello ,to have a few informations about your
NM-12AT,just ask google..you will find a pdf with pictures
,accessories,specifications...it seems yours has a problem,if you cannot
find the problem and repair it,you can maybe increase the sensibility by
adding before the receiver a preamplifier ,in your case maybe a low nf
operational amplifier ,Maxim and AD make execellent.Your receiver will not
be repaired but can be more useful.

I found nothing for the nm52
best regards
73 alain F1gqb

Old June 26th 12, 04:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

nierveze wrote:
hello ,to have a few informations about your
NM-12AT,just ask google..you will find a pdf with pictures
,accessories,specifications...

I don't find anything at all on google, searching either for "stoddart nm-12at"
or "singer nm-12at" other than a page on scribd.

it seems yours has a problem,if you cannot
find the problem and repair it,you can maybe increase the sensibility by
adding before the receiver a preamplifier ,in your case maybe a low nf
operational amplifier ,Maxim and AD make execellent.Your receiver will not
be repaired but can be more useful.

It is fairly simple inside, it should be very easy to repair if I can get
a schematic.
--scott