Old August 23rd 14, 11:34 PM
Junior Member

Default swan 500c

I recently purchased a swan 500c, according to the seller in good condition, but had not the power supply. I have a Henry tempo of an old one (yaesu ft200) supports this power supply with swan 500c? I have been looking for the characteristics and voltages seem to be correct, but I have no info intensities. I measured the voltages on the power supply of one tempo a -118, 352, 670 vdc. in the voltage of 300VDC in the swan 500c what is 325vdc max in one tempo I have 352, with load, when they should be 300VDC. not if it is a problem of the source of one tempo or so. my question is? I can put the swan 500c in power supply one tempo? thank you
Old August 24th 14, 01:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Sat, 23 Aug 2014 23:34:54 +0100, supremme
wrote:

I recently purchased a swan 500c, according to the seller in good
condition, but had not the power supply. I have a Henry tempo of an old
one (yaesu ft200) supports this power supply with swan 500c? I have been
looking for the characteristics and voltages seem to be correct, but I
have no info intensities. I measured the voltages on the power supply of
one tempo a -118, 352, 670 vdc. in the voltage of 300VDC in the swan
500c what is 325vdc max in one tempo I have 352, with load, when they
should be 300VDC. not if it is a problem of the source of one tempo or
so. my question is? I can put the swan 500c in power supply one tempo?
thank you

You should rewrite this when you are sober.
It doesn't make sense as it is.

--
supremme

--
"Loving God wholeheartedly is not given to us as a
suggestion. It is a divine command.
Old August 24th 14, 03:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

wrote:

I recently purchased a swan 500c, according to the seller in good
condition, but had not the power supply. I have a Henry tempo of an old
one (yaesu ft200) supports this power supply with swan 500c? I have been
looking for the characteristics and voltages seem to be correct, but I
have no info intensities. I measured the voltages on the power supply of
one tempo a -118, 352, 670 vdc. in the voltage of 300VDC in the swan
500c what is 325vdc max in one tempo I have 352, with load, when they
should be 300VDC. not if it is a problem of the source of one tempo or
so. my question is? I can put the swan 500c in power supply one tempo?
thank you

You should rewrite this when you are sober.
It doesn't make sense as it is.

--
supremme

You should figure out English is not his first language. This is an
international newsgroup, after all.

The question is perfectly clear; I just don't have enough knowledge of
the Swap 500C to know if the higher voltage will do any damage or not.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

==================
Old August 24th 14, 10:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Saturday, August 23, 2014 3:34:54 PM UTC-7, supremme wrote:
I recently purchased a swan 500c, according to the seller in good

condition, but had not the power supply. I have a Henry tempo of an old

one (yaesu ft200) supports this power supply with swan 500c? I have been

looking for the characteristics and voltages seem to be correct, but I

have no info intensities. I measured the voltages on the power supply of

one tempo a -118, 352, 670 vdc. in the voltage of 300VDC in the swan

500c what is 325vdc max in one tempo I have 352, with load, when they

should be 300VDC. not if it is a problem of the source of one tempo or

so. my question is? I can put the swan 500c in power supply one tempo?

thank you

The 500C power supply (117-XC) shows Pin 8 +800 VDC, Pin 7 +275 VDC, Pin 6, +12 VDC (Relay), Pin 5, Ground Pin 4, 12.6 Volts AC-DC Pin 3, -110 Pin 2, Switch

Pin 1, Switch
800 Volts @ 250 ma. Average, 700 ma, peak
275 Volts at 150 ma, continuous
110 volts negative bias, at 100 ma.
12 volts D.C at 200 ma, relay supply
Hope this helps.

--

supremme

the
Old August 26th 14, 09:20 AM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from Sacramento View Post
[...]

Hello again, first of all thank you for your interest in the answers, I write with a translator from Spain, Radio has no power supply, and here in Spain is very difficult to find one for the Swan, are more abundant heathkit, yaesu and drake . I found a USA manufacturer of transformers which gives some data on transformers boatanchors equipment. (www.pwdahl.com)
SWAN
* 12V 6A
* 640V- 360mA
230V-300mA
90-V 140 mA

HENRY ONE TEMPO
12.6v - 6A
600v- 275mA
270v-200mA
100V-100mA

It can be seen that the tempo is slightly below one. That think? one might use? thank you

Last edited by supremme : August 26th 14 at 09:25 AM

Old October 12th 14, 03:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On Saturday, August 23, 2014 6:34:54 PM UTC-4, supremme wrote:
I recently purchased a swan 500c, according to the seller in good

condition, but had not the power supply. I have a Henry tempo of an old

one (yaesu ft200) supports this power supply with swan 500c? I have been

looking for the characteristics and voltages seem to be correct, but I

have no info intensities. I measured the voltages on the power supply of

one tempo a -118, 352, 670 vdc. in the voltage of 300VDC in the swan

500c what is 325vdc max in one tempo I have 352, with load, when they

should be 300VDC. not if it is a problem of the source of one tempo or

so. my question is? I can put the swan 500c in power supply one tempo?

thank you

--

supremme

You will probably have to rewind the transformer but I am not sure the core of a Tempo will carry the demands of a Swan 500. You will be warn in your shack this winter