Old November 30th 14, 06:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default High brightness LEDs?

In rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 11/29/2014 10:16 PM, wrote:
In rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 11/29/2014 12:55 PM,
wrote:
In rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 11/29/2014 1:09 AM,
wrote:
In rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors Jerry Stuckle wrote:

snip

"No, unlike incandescent bulbs that work with almost any dimmer, LED and
CFL bulbs perform differently depending on the dimmer you install. You
will need to select a dimmer designed specifically for dimmable LED/CFL
bulbs."

Not if you use Phillips bulbs.

http://www.cnet.com/news/which-led-l...t-for-dimming/

snip remainder

And exactly what are the qualifications of the author? A "text-based
adventure connoisseur"?

I'll believe the engineers who design dimmers, not the funny pages.

Yes, you will believe the engineers from the company whose bulbs and
dimmers you sell; you kind of have to.

No, I don't. I believe them because they are correct. If I didn't
believe them, we wouldn't sell their product.

Oh course you wouldn't.

There are lots of INDEPENDANT reviews out there that do NOT hold the
same views you do.

Independent reviews by untrained people are worth exactly what you paid
for them.

And of course anyone that disgrees with you is untrained.

And what are the qualifications of the guy who wrote the blog? A
"text-based adventure connoisseur"? Some qualifications! Where's his
engineering degree? His experience in test labs?

Keep reading the funny pages. They're your speed.

And of course any independant reviewer that disagrees with you is the
"funny pages".

Any UNQUALIFIED reviewer is in the funny pages. And they are right at
your speed.

My god you are the poster boy for megalomania.

--
Jim Pennino
Old November 30th 14, 06:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On 11/29/2014 10:22 PM, wrote:
In rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors Jerry Stuckle wrote:

snip

Nope. There is no analog TV in the United States.

snip

A few low power stations, with range in the single digits of miles.

So there is analog TV in the US.

--
Jim Pennino
Old November 30th 14, 03:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

wrote:
[...]

ROFLMAO!

Show me a QUALIFIED reviewer, not someone who is a "text-based adventure
connoisseur". But you can't, because there isn't one who agrees with
your delusions.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

==================
Old November 30th 14, 07:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

On 11/30/2014 1:22 PM, wrote:
In rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors Jerry Stuckle wrote:
On 11/30/2014 1:00 AM,
wrote:
In rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors Jerry Stuckle wrote:

snip

Any UNQUALIFIED reviewer is in the funny pages. And they are right at
your speed.

My god you are the poster boy for megalomania.

ROFLMAO!

Show me a QUALIFIED reviewer, not someone who is a "text-based adventure
connoisseur". But you can't, because there isn't one who agrees with
your delusions.

One does not need to know how to design something to test something,
you megalomaniac.

I could waste my time finding lots of independant reports by lots of
independant sources but since they woud disagree with what the Great
and Mighty Jerry Stuckle, Fountain of all Knowledge that is True and
seller of light bulbs, you would just call them funny papers and the
writers incompetant.

Show me a QUALIFIED reviewer, not someone who is a "text-based adventure
connoisseur". But you can't, because there isn't one who agrees with
your delusions.

But you're too caught up in your ad hominim attacks, and are unable to
find a qualified reviewer who agrees with you - because they don't.

I'll bed your "text-based adventure connisseur" doesn't even know the
difference between a watt and a joule.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry, AI0K

OT? Satellit 800 Alignment info or Display brightness mod Justis Shortwave 0 November 17th 09 10:54 PM
LEDs HFguy Shortwave 0 June 7th 07 08:57 AM
Pulsing LEDs for higher efficiency Tom Coates Homebrew 11 October 29th 05 03:30 AM
Some Radio Pics LEDs Brian Denley Shortwave 1 February 18th 05 01:09 PM
FS Ad - Electronic Components including TIL311 Hex Displays - LEDs - TTL Chips Parts & More Homebrew 2 February 16th 04 04:56 PM