Old August 25th 03, 03:54 PM
Cruiser

Default Cleaning wafer switch ?

Occasionally I refurbish old test gear, mostly Eico, and have run into
badly tarnished switch contacts. Some are in such a position as to not
be able to reach it with even a q-tip.

Would there be some sort of spray liquid, like Dip-it, or something that
some one out there knows works?

Thanks Boys & Girls
"Tony"

Old August 25th 03, 04:25 PM
Adrian

" Cruiser" wrote in message
Occasionally I refurbish old test gear, mostly Eico, and have run into
badly tarnished switch contacts. Some are in such a position as to not
be able to reach it with even a q-tip.

Would there be some sort of spray liquid, like Dip-it, or something that
some one out there knows works?

Thanks Boys & Girls
"Tony"

Most of the American responses will swear by Caig De-Oxit - a product we
don't have in the UK, unfortunately (

Adrian
1950's British Battery Tube Portables
See them and more at: http://www.portabletubes.co.uk
Usenet anti-spam:remove 'wide'

Old August 25th 03, 10:28 PM
Adrian

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
snip
In the UK you can get Cramolin from Germany, which works a lot better than
the Caig stuff.

I think you can also get something called Electroclean... it was

recommended
for use on the original Neve consoles, and Neve used to import it from the

UK
out to this side of the pond.
--scott

Thanks for the tip Scott - I don't think they are stocked by our 'main
supplier' (RS Components) but at least I have some names and other places to
try!

Adrian

Old August 25th 03, 11:04 PM
Scott Dorsey

Adrian wrote:

Thanks for the tip Scott - I don't think they are stocked by our 'main
supplier' (RS Components) but at least I have some names and other places to
try!

If you find a Cramolin dealer in London, let me know, and I'll pick some up
next time I am over. I've been buying it from Buerkin in Munich and I'm not
scheduled to go over there until the AES show next year.
--scott

Ladderline switch Jaggy Taggy Antenna 7 October 26th 04 01:46 AM
Antenna Switch William H. Everhart III Antenna 3 August 21st 04 01:17 PM
help with T-R switch design mike nelson Antenna 1 November 28th 03 05:44 AM
Where to buy (old type) phenolic wafer switches? Airy R Bean Boatanchors 0 July 23rd 03 09:24 PM
Looking for a switch, capacitor or meter? G.Beat Boatanchors 2 July 17th 03 07:58 PM