Old October 7th 03, 05:53 AM
Jeff Camp

Thanks for the suggestions. Really the only reason I wanted the screw mount
caps was so I wouldn't have to completely change out the mounting hardware
on the under side of the board. The snap in caps would have required that I
basically rebuild the board from scratch. I wasn't concerned about the
amplifier looking original (lots of mods already), so I bought some solder
lugs and a handful of nuts to go on the top side of the board for each screw
connection. Once they were bolted onto the board I just soldered the newer
style caps to the solder lugs. It worked really well.

Thanks again for all the suggestions that were posted to the group or
emailed directly.

73,
Jeff
N0WJP

"Gregg" wrote in message
Behold, Scott Dorsey signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

In article xK6fb.6955$%P2.2823@edtnps84, Gregg
wrote:
I think you'll find a few free 200uF, 400V caps if you part out some old
monitors or AT-power supplies.

Most of those are 200V caps these days, I am sorry to report.

All the new ones, yeah :-(

That's why I mentioned the older ones, like the VGA/CGA color's are great
for those. Got two 200uF/400V of one CGA Samtron once and two more
out of it's '286 power supply - score!

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*

Wanted Carl Domanico Antenna 0 July 13th 04 11:23 PM
WTD: Yaesu FT767GX PSU board wanted Smog Antenna 4 May 26th 04 09:15 AM
Wanted: 23cms preamp and linear amplifier Al Bolton Antenna 0 November 1st 03 05:31 PM
WTD: High Voltage Paper/Paper in Oil capacitors Roger Basford Boatanchors 0 August 28th 03 06:40 AM
WTD: TECH MANUAL WANTED nbr Boatanchors 0 August 6th 03 03:07 PM