Old October 9th 03, 10:58 AM
G. Skiffington

Default 6HF5 recommendation for Swan 350

Is there any particular brand recommended or to be avoided due to
internal construction, making them more or less suitable for RF PA
service? Am troubleshooting a problem in the TX chain from the mixer
to final area whereby I'm getting a couple of bands that amplify ok (80
and 20) and the rest that are low or nearly non-existent (10). Just
wanted to make sure that the several sets of used GE 6HF5's I have
(which are basically consistent) aren't aggravating my results (test ok
for grid emission only re my tube testing equipment). If anyone out
there has some real values of the TX gain distribution for the Swan 350,
I'd be interested in that as well - Thanks.

Gord - VE1AJF
Old October 9th 03, 01:21 PM
--exray--

G. Skiffington wrote:
Is there any particular brand recommended or to be avoided due to
internal construction, making them more or less suitable for RF PA
service? Am troubleshooting a problem in the TX chain from the mixer
to final area whereby I'm getting a couple of bands that amplify ok (80
and 20) and the rest that are low or nearly non-existent (10). Just
wanted to make sure that the several sets of used GE 6HF5's I have
(which are basically consistent) aren't aggravating my results (test ok
for grid emission only re my tube testing equipment). If anyone out
there has some real values of the TX gain distribution for the Swan 350,
I'd be interested in that as well - Thanks.

Gord - VE1AJF

FWIW, I have a Galaxy V and the manual calls for GE only 6HF5s.
Definitely drops off on 10m with some other brands or the slightest sign
of weakness in the tubes.

GL,
Bill