Old October 28th 03, 01:59 PM
Mike

Default 3KW AM transmitter

I put my 3KW AM broadcast transmitter, already converted to 75 meters, on
ebay, if anyone is interested. I took some good pictures of it to view at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ategory=46 75

Old October 29th 03, 12:34 AM
William Warren

"PJ" wrote in message
"Mike" wrote in message
I put my 3KW AM broadcast transmitter, already converted to 75 meters,

on
ebay, if anyone is interested. I took some good pictures of it to view

at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ategory=46 75

Stupid, but cool!

You know, I think there's a ham in Maine who might have a use for this:
Sebago Lake, or vicinity. He puts out those interesting weekly broadcasts
.... ;-J

Bill

Old October 29th 03, 12:55 AM
Dale H. Cook

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 07:59:20 -0600, "Mike" wrote:

I put my 3KW AM broadcast transmitter, already converted to 75 meters, on
ebay, if anyone is interested.

This would probably be considered a quibble, but this is not a 3 kW
transmitter - it is a 2.5 kW transmitter, which is why the model
number is AM2500B. After more than 30 years of working with ITA,
Wilkinson, CCA and CSI AM transmitters (the last three brands were
offshoots of the first) I daresay it would be all but impossible to
get a fully modulated 3 kW signal from any of those 2.5 kW boxes. 3 kW
of dead carrier, perhaps, but none of them had a sufficient modulator
section to fully modulate at 3 kW - they could barely modulate a 2.5
kW carrier.

Dale H. Cook, Chief Engineer, WWWR Roanoke VA, WCQV Moneta VA, WKBA
WZZI Vinton VA, WKPA WLNI WZZU Lynchburg VA, WMNA/WMNA-FM Gretna VA
The Star City Pages - Antique Radios & Test Equipment, Engineering,
Computers: http//members.cox.net/dalehcook/starcity.shtml

Old October 29th 03, 08:10 AM
Gregg

Behold, William Warren signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

snip

You know, I think there's a ham in Maine who might have a use for this:
Sebago Lake, or vicinity. He puts out those interesting weekly
broadcasts ... ;-J

Bill

LOL! One of our FRN friends? ;-)

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*

Old October 30th 03, 03:23 AM
Ed Zeranski

Know anyone who needs a mod iron good for 1KW audio? NIB! Will sell or
trade, includes the "B" of "NIB" , not lite.