Old November 11th 03, 03:16 AM
Michael Melland

Default FS: Hallicrafters SR-400A Station - Collector Quality

This SR-400A station is about the cleanest one you can find. It is in
excellent cosmetic and electrical condition... collector quality.

The SR-400A is a late one, 1971/72. It has no vices and operates at full
output (275 watts). It has the original fan. This radio was the pinacle of
the art in it's time. It was made after Hallicrafters was sold to Northrup.
Northrup improved on the original SR-400 .... more power, fan, teflon wiring
and ceramic caps and a hotter receiver. It was meant to compete with the
Collins KWM-2 and most who have both will tell you it's a better receiver
and has more features then the Collins. Also included is the PS-500A power
supply and speaker which was purchased new with this particular radio... it
is also in excellent condition.

I will include an excellent Johnson(Turner 545C type) microphone, full set
of all brand new tubes, including a new set of 6KD6 finals, and a spare new
fan. The original manual is also included. I have the original boxes
although they are pretty well worn.

Photos are available on my web page.... follow the links:
http://webpages.charter.net/w9wis

I'd rather not ship this set-up but I will if the buyer pays all shipping
costs via UPS.

eMail with questions.... asking $850 plus actual shipping costs. I hate to
sell this rig.... I'll never find another one this nice... but I need the
funds for another project.

--
Michael Melland, W9WIS
Winneconne, WI USA