Old January 2nd 04, 06:44 AM
Ray Collins

It's not you keep trying.

Jim Flanagan wrote:
Hello...
I wondering if I am the only one having trouble accessing the BAMA
ftp site for schematics. I haven't been successful for some time. Is
it me or the site?

ftp://bama.sbc.edu/downloads/

Thanks..
Jim
WB5KYE

Old January 2nd 04, 08:39 PM
Bill

Ray Collins wrote:

It's not you keep trying.

Jim Flanagan wrote:

Hello...
I wondering if I am the only one having trouble accessing the BAMA
ftp site for schematics. I haven't been successful for some time. Is
it me or the site?

ftp://bama.sbc.edu/downloads/

Thanks..
Jim
WB5KYE

The site only has a capacity of ten users and it is usually busy. I
tried yesterday and today and got the message. Try it at about 2 in the
morning and it might work. They just need a better server or ISP. I have
gotten some good schematics for my Hammarlund, Hallicrafters, RME, etc.
from them.
Bill Baka

Old January 3rd 04, 02:30 PM
Dale H. Cook

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 12:39:14 -0800, Bill wrote:

They just need a better server or ISP.

Ken runs BAMA out of his own pocket and that puts constraints on the
capacity of the site. He does quite well with what facilities he has
available, and I'll bet that when he started the site he had no idea
how many users he would attract or what a large quantity and variety
of manuals he would be hosting.

Dale H. Cook, Chief Engineer, WWWR Roanoke VA, WCQV Moneta VA, WKBA
WZZI Vinton VA, WKPA WLNI WZZU Lynchburg VA, WMNA/WMNA-FM Gretna VA
http://members.cox.net/dalehcook/starcity.shtml
Old January 3rd 04, 06:21 PM
Roger Halstead

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 09:30:01 -0500, Dale H. Cook
wrote:

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 12:39:14 -0800, Bill wrote:

They just need a better server or ISP.

Ken runs BAMA out of his own pocket and that puts constraints on the
capacity of the site. He does quite well with what facilities he has
available, and I'll bet that when he started the site he had no idea
how many users he would attract or what a large quantity and variety
of manuals he would be hosting.

I think he has a description of the setup on there some where. It's
not a simple PC hooked to the internet, but as I recall, quite
elaborate.

Having my own domain and web site, which is nothing on the scale of
Ken's, I can vouch, it is not an inexpensive hobby.

Oh! It's busy at 2:00 AM, 3:00 AM, ... Only time I haven't tried is
the 5 to 8 AM slot.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com