Old January 6th 04, 02:03 AM
Tom Morrow

Not really when he often comes across with a meddling attitude.
Can you wonder that some of the guys like to razz him back once in a
while?

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 11:53:01 -0500, "Ghost Writer"
wrote:

Tracy,

MAN you missed the boat. Bill's post was in RESPONSE to something. HE was
questioning some of the things being posted here - regardless whether he was
right or wrong to do so. And to my recollection, it was NOT "waitresses"
but rather a homeless woman he was handing out money to. Actually
certificates to buy food or whatever it was. A very nice gesture. You owe
him an apology. G.W.

"Tracy Fort" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 14:17:08 -0600 (CST), (Bill
Turner) wrote:

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE ! DONATIONS SOLICITED, CRYSTAL QUESTIONS, HAM
ITEMS FOR SALE. I AM A HAM. BEEN ONE FOR MORE THAN 40 YEARS. HAS
SOMEONE DELETED THE HAM PORTIONS OF THE INTERNET OR WHY ARE THEY HERE.
HAS SOMEONE MADE SUCH A MESS OF THE HAM PORTION THAT THEY CAN'T GET AN
ANSWER. THIS IS THE ANTIQUE RADIO PORTION OF THE INTERNET, LETS KEEP
THAT WAY. BILL TURNER, WAOABI

What do you need a donation for? I thought you were giving away money
to waitresses these days. Or were you just trying to get laid? Did it
work? Let me know, I might try that trick too.

Tracy

Old January 6th 04, 05:33 PM
Ghost Writer

I've seen some of what you're referring to. I don't always agree with Bill
either. He and I even locked horns way back when when I used a different
name. But the example Tracy used in his retort, I think could have been left
out. Doing a "good" deed to help a homeless person is not something to be
mocked. He may be in the same predicament some day and be thankful for
someone's like actions. As for other razzing, I see many people razzing
Bill. I guess what really caught me off guard was that Bill and Tracy were
going at it in Rec Radio Antiques and I "thought" they had called a truce...
Then I seen this. And it DID appear that Tracy had misread the post Bill
made, whether "anyone" agrees with it or not and posted in that manner. I
don't know Bill NOR Tracy. I was just posting what seemed apparent.
Actually, this whole damned thread - even my own replies don't belong here.
Hopefully, we can get back to regular scheduled programming. I'm sure we all
have better posts to make that will be of benefit to all. G.W.

wrote:

Tracy,

MAN you missed the boat. Bill's post was in RESPONSE to something. HE was
questioning some of the things being posted here - regardless whether he

was
right or wrong to do so. And to my recollection, it was NOT "waitresses"
but rather a homeless woman he was handing out money to. Actually
certificates to buy food or whatever it was. A very nice gesture. You owe
him an apology. G.W.

.. .

Old January 6th 04, 06:55 PM
Tracy Fort

My retort was an implication that Bill was doing something to gain
something. In other words "What's in it for Bill"? I've never been in
an argument with Bill other than a little spat here and there. My
argument was with someone else and a truce was called to keep it from
going on forever. If you go back to rec.radio you will see that Bill
did not mean to make this post to this group. That, I thought was
funny. If I'm ever in the same predicament as Bill's homeless buddy, I
sure hope he is not the guy to help me out. I don't think I want to
spend the rest of my life trying to pay him back!

Tracy

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 12:33:02 -0500, "Ghost Writer"
wrote:

[...]

.. .

Old January 6th 04, 08:11 PM
Ghost Writer

Well, that is cool with me. I did miss part of that you mentioned. But I DID
see the truce part of it. You are entitled to your opinion. We both
expressed them as did others, I believe - and it didn't even get into a
shouting match - which is nice. I'm sure we can all find better things to
post about that would benefit the majority. By the way, HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Let's start it off a bit better. I hold no ill will towards anyone. G.W.

wrote:

[...]

"Tom Morrow" wrote in message
.. .
Not really when he often comes across with a meddling attitude.
Can you wonder that some of the guys like to razz him back once in a
while?

Help, Digital TV UHF antenna needed for 21-69 channels ja Antenna 3 February 10th 04 12:22 AM
AMATEUR DONATIONS NEEDED N2ION Antenna 64 January 29th 04 09:31 PM
HAM EQUIPMENT DONATIONS NEEDED N2ION Antenna 0 January 7th 04 04:53 PM
DONATIONS NEEDED N2ION Antenna 0 December 25th 03 10:43 PM
WTB: Heathkit Chippewa KL-1 Manual needed William Warren Boatanchors 0 July 19th 03 11:19 PM