Old January 7th 04, 10:37 AM
Steven Dinius

Just to **** imaginary people like you off, I suppose.

PS WE had the popular radio DJ Tom COLLINS. Try harder.
"Tom Morrow" wrote in message
Why are you posting this when this was the original point made at
the start of the thread? You added nothing, really!

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 17:09:52 -0700, JJ
wrote:

Ebay sellers are greatly known for the abuse of the words "scarce", and
"rare". After all if they use those words it might get another bid or
two, makes no difference that they have done no research or have any
other information to base it on. The idea is to get another buck.

Brian Hill wrote:

Why would someone that obviously knows about radios and collects them

make
a bull**** statement like this? Everybody knows the SX-28 was one of

the
most mass produced receivers of that era and are still plentiful. It

****es
me off when people that claim to be collector or lover of the radio

hobby
exaggerate or lie to make an extra buck on a radio. Yes I'm speaking of

certain place people auction radios. People like this won't get my

buck.

Old January 7th 04, 10:39 AM
RRich52806

Just want the ones on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ategory=46 73

and

Old January 7th 04, 10:41 AM
Steven Dinius

They made a bloody CD manual, didn't they? If there were say, 5, just to
throw a number to the lions, would YOU make one?

From boatanchors, eh? Or just crossposting to make a mess?

"Tom Morrow" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 01:46:03 -0700, "Steven Dinius"
wrote:

2 receivers, 2 paper manuals and one CD manual.

If they are so "COMMON" then everyone who wanted one
probably already has several, so they should go for very
cheap then, right?

LOL

Old January 7th 04, 11:40 AM
Brenda Ann

"Steven Dinius" wrote in message

PS WE had the popular radio DJ Tom COLLINS.

Kewl.. in Salem, in the late 60's and 1970, we had a country station with a
DJ named Jack Daniels.. "At KAPT we put Jack Daniels in your radio... not
safe, but certainly entertaining." Shortly into 1970, they changed format,
and became a Christian station. They still are, but the call letters changed
shortly after the format...

Old January 7th 04, 12:21 PM
Steven Dinius

We also have Ken Bass, as in the song line, "Oh my buddy Ken Bass, he's
a-workin' pumping gas, and he makes $2.54 an hour" ("Gold" by John Stewart,
from the "Bombs Away Dream Babies" LP). Plus we have a traffic reporter with
maybe a dozen names, one for every station he serves. He has a woman named
"Claire Day" working for him. There also was once a hard rock DJ, Dave "your
radio slave" Stone, "Bad" Bob Lee, "Emporer" Larry Lomax, "Jammin'" Jeff
Allen, "Captain" Mike Kasper and an Australian student named "the Wombat"
who left on visa issues (he was pretty damned good and likeable too). All in
Boise radio.

Old January 7th 04, 01:01 PM
Brenda Ann

"Steven Dinius" wrote in message
We also have Dave "your
radio slave" Stone,

Dave gets around.. he's also been in Portland (KISN, IIRC) and Spokane,
among who knows how many others..

Old January 7th 04, 09:39 PM
Uncle Peter

"Steven Dinius" wrote in message
We also have Ken Bass,

Dang Steve, I figured you liked Billy Bass..

Old January 7th 04, 11:05 PM
Nc183d

Lets see. The 2nd listed one on ePay has no bottom plate, has a real rust
problem along with corrosion, needs servicing, has at least one extra hole
drilled into it and you can buy it now for only $400.00!!!! Where do I get on
the line of nuts to buy this particular question mark.... I've got a really
nice, all original SX28A that works just fine on all bands, no extra holes, no
rust, no mods, no corrosion AND it comes with the VERY RARE bass reflex speaker
(R-12) speaker. Must be worth at least $1500.00....... How silly is this
getting????
Old January 7th 04, 11:11 PM
- - Bill - -

Nc183d wrote:
Lets see. The 2nd listed one on ePay has no bottom plate, has a real rust
problem along with corrosion, needs servicing, has at least one extra hole
drilled into it and you can buy it now for only $400.00!!!! Where do I get on
the line of nuts to buy this particular question mark.... I've got a really
nice, all original SX28A that works just fine on all bands, no extra holes, no
rust, no mods, no corrosion AND it comes with the VERY RARE bass reflex speaker
(R-12) speaker. Must be worth at least $1500.00....... How silly is this
getting????

Well, ya don't often see a BuyItNow price that has any relation to
reality...except for the guy who nabbed a nice, working Zenith TO the
other day for $20 BIN. The listing lasted 6 minutes :-)

-Bill

Old January 7th 04, 11:29 PM
Brian Hill

I sold one of my SX-28As for a little over $1500 on Ebay two years ago. My
reserve was anout $550 but the auction kept going. It was nice and some
people can afford it. Wanna guess who won the auction.
--
73 and good DXing
RX:

Brian's Radio Universe