Old January 8th 04, 02:50 AM
Nc183d

who won? You got me now!!!!
Old January 8th 04, 04:55 PM
GBrown

I bought my last WORKING SX-28 at a yard sale. $20.00, included the original
manual. No extra holes, rust, etc. YES, I sleep good at nite.
Gary...WZ1M

"Tom Morrow" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 01:46:03 -0700, "Steven Dinius"
wrote:

2 receivers, 2 paper manuals and one CD manual.

If they are so "COMMON" then everyone who wanted one
probably already has several, so they should go for very
cheap then, right?

LOL

Old January 8th 04, 05:15 PM
- - Bill - -

GBrown wrote:
I bought my last WORKING SX-28 at a yard sale. $20.00, included the original
manual. No extra holes, rust, etc. YES, I sleep good at nite.
Gary...WZ1M

You want to double your investment?
-Bill

Old January 8th 04, 05:34 PM
Robert Casey

Brian Hill wrote:

Why would someone that obviously knows about radios and collects them make
a bull**** statement like this? Everybody knows the SX-28 was one of the
most mass produced receivers of that era and are still plentiful.

Being "rare" isn't significant to me. A rare radio implies that they
didn't sell too
well, because of bad style, engineering, or just too expensive for what
it did.
I have a web page showing the "common" easily found radios that I own.
http://www.geocities.com/wa2ise/radios/common.html

I like my radios "well done" :-)

Old January 9th 04, 01:26 AM
Frank Dresser

"Robert Casey" wrote in message

Being "rare" isn't significant to me. A rare radio implies that they
didn't sell too
well, because of bad style, engineering, or just too expensive for

what
it did.
I have a web page showing the "common" easily found radios that I own.
http://www.geocities.com/wa2ise/radios/common.html

I like my radios "well done" :-)

Well, sellers sometimes like to say a mass produced item is rare, not
because it didn't fit a market or wasn't a good deal for the money, but
because "it probably was ahead of it's time:".

Frank Dresser

Old January 10th 04, 01:26 AM
Steve Deny Us

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 03:37:10 -0700, "Steven Dinius"
wrote:

Just to **** imaginary people like you off, I suppose.

"None of you is real - my ISP types all of this in!"

- Steven Dinius

Old January 10th 04, 01:29 AM
Tom Morrow

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 17:29:26 -0600, "Brian Hill"
brianehill@charterDOTnet wrote:

I sold one of my SX-28As for a little over $1500 on Ebay two years ago. My
reserve was anout $550 but the auction kept going. It was nice and some
people can afford it. Wanna guess who won the auction.

A certain WA6 perhaps?

Old January 10th 04, 02:41 AM
- - Bill - -

Tom Morrow wrote:
On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 17:29:26 -0600, "Brian Hill"
brianehill@charterDOTnet wrote:

I sold one of my SX-28As for a little over $1500 on Ebay two years ago. My
reserve was anout $550 but the auction kept going. It was nice and some
people can afford it. Wanna guess who won the auction.

A certain WA6 perhaps?

Might that be a certain WB6A** instead?

-ex

Old January 10th 04, 06:51 AM
Steven Dinius

Phunny.

You can't even get my bipolar illness correct. I'm not delusional OR
paranoid like the T.P. monger who thinks he's so PHUNNY.

Your caps didn't reform.

Old January 10th 04, 03:37 PM
Uncle Peter

Cherry SX-28s are scarce. Especially ones with the dial
locks, no rust, no dust, no mods... Them seem to prefer
damp cellars and garages in later life. I have two garage
rats that need full restoration--awaiting my retirement time
in a few years. They also seem to bunch with with SX-42s,
another two locally found items that also liked dark places.
Must be a mating thing?

Pete