Old February 12th 04, 12:04 AM
Max

Default What is this radio?

Not exactly a boat anchor, but I picked this up at an estate sale and am
wondering if anyone can give me some info. It is tagged "Diplomatic
Security". Coverage is 2 kHz to 10 gHz. Includes what looks like a
spectrum analyzer which also doubles as a T.V. all mounted in a small
suitcase. Any info would be appreciated.

Max V0lHH

http://www3.nf.sympatico.ca/tnt_clearances/dsradio.jpg
Old February 12th 04, 03:32 AM
Mike Andrews

Max wrote:
Not exactly a boat anchor, but I picked this up at an estate sale and am
wondering if anyone can give me some info. It is tagged "Diplomatic
Security". Coverage is 2 kHz to 10 gHz. Includes what looks like a
spectrum analyzer which also doubles as a T.V. all mounted in a small
suitcase. Any info would be appreciated.

Max V0lHH

http://www3.nf.sympatico.ca/tnt_clearances/dsradio.jpg

Cool.

Betcha it's a bug-sweeper. The spectrum analyzer adds some points to
that pobability. If you ever want to get rid of it, I have a place
for it.

--
Mike Andrews

Tired old sysadmin
Old February 12th 04, 05:01 AM
- - Bill - -

Mike Andrews wrote:
Max wrote:

Not exactly a boat anchor, but I picked this up at an estate sale and am
wondering if anyone can give me some info. It is tagged "Diplomatic
Security". Coverage is 2 kHz to 10 gHz. Includes what looks like a
spectrum analyzer which also doubles as a T.V. all mounted in a small
suitcase. Any info would be appreciated.

Max V0lHH

http://www3.nf.sympatico.ca/tnt_clearances/dsradio.jpg

Cool.

Betcha it's a bug-sweeper. The spectrum analyzer adds some points to
that pobability. If you ever want to get rid of it, I have a place
for it.

Its a pretty cool looking piece of gear whatever it is. But I'd splurge
on some fancier headphones :-)

-Bill

Old February 12th 04, 08:06 AM
Tony Angerame

This is just an old CB set with a little TV attached to it so you can watch
the Ball Game. It's probably only worth about ten dollars but I'll be a
good guy and offer you twenty. Heck I'll even pay the shipping.

Tony ~)

Old February 12th 04, 03:31 PM
bunnydawg

Gee yer a swell guy Tony lol.
I'll give you 30 Max
Robert

Old February 12th 04, 05:12 PM
bunnydawg

Seriously. Max is there any markings names or numbers on any of the units?
Robert
VE3 something or other
. ..

Old February 16th 04, 04:21 PM
Peter Gottlieb

I'd agree it is a bug sweeper. This may be a very valuable relic of the
cold war - a museum piece.

Old February 16th 04, 05:06 PM
bunnydawg

Max are you sitting down. I believe i have found out what it is. Check out
http://www.torontosurplus.com/redire...om/com/com.htm
Scroll down to Mason Spy Radio MPR-5
Robert
VE3 something or other.
Max i'll give you 50 dollars and a case of beer for it hahahahahaha.