Old February 18th 04, 08:16 PM
Al Schapira

Default WTB: 7027 or 7027A tube, new or used, one or pair

If you have a new or used but good 7027 or two 7027A's to sell
please let me know what you have and what you are asking for them.

These are for an amplifier in which one of the two 7027A push-pull
output tubes is bad (gassy with a blue glow), and the other (good)
output tube is a 7027, not a 7027A as it's supposed to be. I am
planning to sell this amp after it is whole again, so I don't want to
put a lot of cash into it.

Thanks.

-Al Schapira, KC2HRH,

(Mandatory radio content: 7027A's were also used as modulators in Ranger
II's.)

Old February 19th 04, 10:15 AM
Lionel Sharp

there is a lot of information on these tubes at

http://www.triodeel.com/7027.htm

Lionel, VK4NS

Old February 19th 04, 03:08 PM
Al Schapira

Thanks to all who responded with helpful info.
-Al

Old February 19th 04, 04:49 PM
Scott Dorsey

Al Schapira wrote:
If you have a new or used but good 7027 or two 7027A's to sell
please let me know what you have and what you are asking for them.

These are for an amplifier in which one of the two 7027A push-pull
output tubes is bad (gassy with a blue glow), and the other (good)
output tube is a 7027, not a 7027A as it's supposed to be. I am
planning to sell this amp after it is whole again, so I don't want to
put a lot of cash into it.

I have a pair of 7027 pulls that I will sell you for a whole lot of money.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money, put the brand new Sovtek
5581WXGT tubes in there. They have as good dissipation as the 7027,
the bias point is similar, and they sound better to me. The only real
problem with them is that the 7027 has the control grid brought out to
two pins while the 5881WXGT has it only brought out to one pin. So on
some amps you may need to add a jumper.

If it absolutely has to be original and you're selling it to a collector,
send me a lot of money and I'll send you a 7027 pair. But if you want it
to actually sound good and be reliable, get a quad of the cheap 5881WXGT
tubes from Antique Electronics Supply and sell the good 7027 pulls on Ebay
to guitarists.
--scott

Tube tester query? k3hvg Boatanchors 4 February 2nd 04 01:47 AM
FS: Old tube sockets, 4, 5, 6, 7 pin, Hammurlund, GR, ceramic, phenolic,matching plugs, extenders Al Schapira Boatanchors 0 January 19th 04 10:54 PM
FS: PAIR of Ameco TX-62 6 & 2 Meter tube xmtrs $75 Dave Boatanchors 0 September 18th 03 04:37 PM
FS: PAIR of Ameco TX-62 6 & 2 Meter tube xmtrs $75 Dave Boatanchors 0 September 18th 03 04:37 PM
102-E Western Electric Tube info needed Jim Rayburn Boatanchors 0 August 20th 03 05:15 PM