Old March 24th 04, 06:56 PM

Default Online Old XFMR Catalog Data?

The only popular & extensive site with this info, and linked from many
radio sites, has been gone for over a week, and isn't coming back per
the site's owner (who is now selling it on CD). Does anyone know of
another similar site, or perhaps may have put up this same info
elsewhere after d/l-ing it? Unable to locate any by the usual search
engines.
Old March 25th 04, 06:06 PM

exray wrote in message ...

Frank, I ran into that 'problem' also just this week. In my searching I
found a few random sites out there with a piece here and a piece there,
nothing as extensive as the 'original'.
BAMA has an old Stancor catalog, there's a couple here -
http://www.amfone.net/online.htm

Naturally, this only happened when I came up with 3 pieces of oddball
iron to ID quickly for the first time in 3 yearsG. BAMA also has
UTC & Thordson, but one must d/l the whole schmeer rather than access
pages - which may be a d/l of 38meg on a dialup, woo-hoo. And of
course, Stancor is the only one I already have. :-)

It's too bad Acrobat files are so huge, too. I noted some BAMA
submitters have used .djvu for big docs, which is a far smaller file
and much better quality. The reader plug-in for Internet Exploder is
a free d/l that self-installs in Windblows, and I blv also avail for
Netscrape (but not Opera). Highly recommended.