Old March 26th 04, 02:39 AM
BW

Default Unbuilt Heathkits

I have posted three unbuilt Heathkits on Ebay. If you are interested, check
them out at

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=13 2

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=13 2

The bidding ends on Sunday evening. I hope they go to a good, loving home
of someone that appreciates the piece of American radio history they will
posess.

73,
KG4KLR

Old March 26th 04, 11:24 AM
BW

I'm not familiar with "FA". What is that? This is my first time using Ebay
to sell anything.

news.com...

Old March 26th 04, 12:44 PM

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:24:06 UTC, "BW" wrote:

I'm not familiar with "FA". What is that? This is my first time using Ebay
to sell anything.

That was just a USENET cop telling you to use FA in the title here
so that your listing would not offend him.

FS = For Sale

FA = For Auction

Some of the cops get pretty testy.

I have the opposite suggestion. When you list a link in a newgroup,
add a couple lines of description so that those of us who read
offline can decide whether or not we want to dial in and read the
full story on the item.

I might not be interested in a Heath weather station or TV but
certainly someone is. I'm interested in the SB series and some DX
and HW items.

de ah6gi/4

news.com...

Old March 26th 04, 06:07 PM
Mike Knudsen

I have the opposite suggestion. When you list a link in a newgroup,
add a couple lines of description so that those of us who read
offline can decide whether or not we want to dial in and read the
full story on the item.

I heartily second the motion! Tell us something about the item to we know
whether to spend the time chasing the link. 73, Mike K.

Oscar loves trash, but hates Spam! Delete him to reply to me.

Old March 27th 04, 01:38 AM
BW

HERE'S WHAT I HAVE:

THE HEATHKIT SA-2040 ANTENNA TUNER KIT, IN THE ORIGINAL BOX WITH THE
ORIGINAL PIECES. IT COMES FROM THE SAME ESTATE AS MY OTHER AUCTIONS FOR THE
HW-8 TRANSCEIVER AND THE HWA-7-1 POWER SUPPLY. ALTHOUGH I HAVE NOT DONE AN
INVENTORY CHECK OF THE BOX CONTENTS, I PERSONALLY BUILT ONE OF THE KITS I
FOUND AND ALL OF THE PARTS WERE THERE. ALL OF THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTATION
(MANUAL, INSTRUCTIONS, SCHEMATICS, ETC.) ARE ENCLOSED. I'M GOING TO USE THE
FUNDS TO GET EITHER AN FT-857 OR FT-897 FOR THE SHACK. ON EBAY, JUST SEARCH
FOR "UNBUILT HEATHKIT". THE THREE AUCTIONS END ON SUNDAY NIGHT.

73,

KG4KLR

Old March 27th 04, 02:03 AM
RP Jones

The Radio and tuner will bring HUGE $$$$ have fun in the Virgin Islands.
Bring us back some bikini blonds, but not the Frenchie's with the hairy
legs.
USE FA: !

-RP

Old March 29th 04, 08:37 PM

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 02:03:32 UTC, "RP Jones"
wrote:

The Radio and tuner will bring HUGE $$$$ have fun in the Virgin Islands.
Bring us back some bikini blonds, but not the Frenchie's with the hairy
legs.
USE FA: !

-RP

Yow! Unbuilt HW-8. Can't be too many of those left in the world.

de ah6gi/4