Old March 31st 04, 12:29 PM
BW

Default Yaesu Twins That Need TLC

I have the Yaesu Twins (FL-101 & FR-101). The receiver is still in
fantastic shape (I added the CW filter a few years ago which makes it even
better!).

However, there's smomething seriously wrong with the transmitter. I have
used it for CW, and made quite a few contacts, but only a few watts of power
is leaving the radio. On SSB, I'm told it sounds like there's a huge RF
leak on my signal. I checked the tubes and they are all at 85% or better.

I'm not one to really be able to put a radio on the bench and troubleshoot
the problem, so I though I'd have a professional fix it, but who? I called
Yaesu, and maybe it was the individual I got that day, but they weren't full
of any good suggestions because the radio was "out of warranty" (no
kidding!). I live in Florida, if that helps in deciding a place to work on
it.

73,
KG4KLR

FS: Yaesu FT-7 (QRP) Transceiver Bill Golden Boatanchors 1 August 28th 10 02:17 PM
Fox Tango International, Yaesu Users Groups w4clm Antenna 1 December 24th 04 11:48 AM
Yaesu Rotor Repair Topaz305RK Antenna 3 July 9th 04 12:54 AM
Yaesu FT-817 Mint in the Box for Trade! Jeff James Boatanchors 0 March 17th 04 03:43 AM
Opinions on Yaesu "ATAS" Mobile Antenna? (from experienced users, please) Carl R. Stevenson Antenna 1 October 16th 03 03:10 AM