Old April 26th 04, 11:45 PM
Dave

Default FS: Collins R388/URR and DX-100 station

Hello fellow BA aficionados,

Golly gee I hate to put these guys up for sale. But alas, they
don't get used, and I'm moving this summer and I just hate
like heck to have to haul these things. Matter of fact, I have
a BUNCH of radios I need to somehow move out.

The R388/URR works perfectly in every way, and is a solid
9 out of 10. It's mounted in a DX-100 cabinet (the early
version, that's like a Bud cabinet). Everything works,
and I still play it regularly. Free turning dial, both covers,
and in very clean shape. Included is a Hammarlund speaker
that will go with it.

The DX-100 is the early version, so of course exactly matches
the R388 cabinet - they truly are like a poor man's Gold Dust
twins the way they sit. The face is pristine, and the last time
I had it on the air on CW it worked perfectly. I have not had
it on the air in 2 years. Inside is very nice, with just a hint of
rust on the chassis of a very superficial nature. All original
knobs, and the panel finish is as nice as they come.

Side by side, the pair match in size and look killer together
in their matching cabinets.

I CAN NOT and WILL not ship these!! Any requests for
shipping ("all ya gotta do is take it to Mailboxes Etc." and
the like) will simply be deleted. The transmitter weighs
too much for UPS, and the receiver when boxed would be
close too. Just too difficult to get safely to you.

So - LOCAL to Tacoma, WA buyers ONLY. You will have
to come and get them. I can email photos after I've confirmed
you're local. But even better, just come over and see and
hear them in person. I mean, if you're local, why not? While
you're here, you can peruse the zillions of other goodies I
have and make some offers if you want. Drake, Collins,
Heathkit, Hallicrafters, etc. etc. etc. I'm buried in radios,
and most of them just have to go.

Offered as a PAIR ONLY at this time, given the effort I went
to in getting them to match :-) I would like $850 for the pair,
and I'm sure they'd go much higher on Ebay. That's about
what I have into them. But come over and make me an offer
on these and other radios - the more ya buy the lower the
prices will get :-)

Thanks and please email for questions if you are local to
Tacoma, WA.

Dave

FA COLLINS KWM-2A RE STATION Chris Boatanchors 2 January 10th 04 02:46 PM
FS Collins Station Brian Boatanchors 0 January 6th 04 04:54 AM
FA COLLINS KWM-2A Complete Station Chris Boatanchors 0 December 31st 03 06:37 AM
FS: Beautiful Collins KWM-1 Station Michael Crestohl Boatanchors 0 October 30th 03 12:48 PM
FS: Beautiful Collins KWM-1 Station Michael Crestohl Boatanchors 0 October 30th 03 12:48 PM