Old May 1st 04, 03:40 AM
David C Dawson

Default Drake TR-33C Crystals - wanted/available

Does anyone have crystals for the Drake TR-33C 2 meter tranceiver?
I have the following available for trade:
146.640
146.610
146.820
146.880
149.100 (NOTE: not an amateur frequency)

I want the following (some/any)
145.350
146.430
146.680
147.300
--------
any between 146.415 and 146.565 inclusive OR
any between 147.400 and 147.600

Thanks

--
....Dave Dawson
P.S. My real email address is: beagle7[X]pacificcoast.net
Old May 1st 04, 09:42 AM
David C Dawson

CORRECTION!

David C Dawson wrote:

Does anyone have crystals for the Drake TR-33C 2 meter tranceiver?
I have the following available for trade:
146.640
146.610
146.820
146.880
149.100 (NOTE: not an amateur frequency) THIS CRYSTAL IS ACTUALLY 147.000

and is available for trade.

Old May 3rd 04, 11:48 PM
Gary hildebrand

David C Dawson wrote in message ...
Does anyone have crystals for the Drake TR-33C 2 meter tranceiver?
I have the following available for trade:
146.640
146.610
146.820
146.880
149.100 (NOTE: not an amateur frequency)

I want the following (some/any)
145.350
146.430
146.680
147.300
--------
any between 146.415 and 146.565 inclusive OR
any between 147.400 and 147.600

Thanks

Dave, you're lucky because all you need is one crystal per frequency
rather than two. The crystals you need are the "receive" crystals
common in many older rockbound rigs.

Best thing to do is find these radios at hamfests, and just
cannibalize the crystals from them and plug in. I think Drake TR22 or
Kenwood TR7200/TR2200 crystals should work right on frequency. Others
may be far enough off that they may or may not tweak onto frequency.

Or, if you like parting with your money, you can order crystals from
several manufacturers. JAN Crystals, Bomar, Cal Crystal Labs, ICM,
Sentry to name a few. These will set you back around $20 each or
more, so this way will add up quickly over the value of the radio in
very short order. Now you understand why even the commercial boys
went to synthesized radios.

Gary Hildebrand WA7KKP
Old May 10th 04, 08:50 PM
David C Dawson

Thanks for your response, Gary.
I am well aware of the price of crystals, which is why I want to trade
rather than spend. The suggestion you gave sounds good.
By the way, I am VE7HDC and live in Vancouver, I see by your call that you
are probably in Washington State. Maybe I could work you. I am on VE7RBY
(145.350 -600) often or I have HF capability too. There is a net on VE7RBY
at 20:00 local time Monday. '73

Old May 11th 04, 04:19 AM
Lou

I have some crystals that may work, must send me a freq calc for them (I'm
not familiar with the TR33's needs) and freqs needed. $5 each plus shipping,
guaranteed to work when leaving here, but I do not warrant them once
installed. I only warrant parts "I" install. E-mail direct.

Lou

Old May 19th 04, 05:31 AM
David C Dawson

Lou wrote:

I have some crystals that may work, must send me a freq calc for them (I'm

Thanks, but I already have a more modern rig with VFO and 20 channels as
well as a handheld. So I am mainly interested in trading.
The requirements for the Drake are that the crystal's marked frequency be on
the frequency at which it operates. I.e. to operate on a repeater which
outputs on 146.940 MHz, you need a 146.940 MHz crystal. The offset for the
repeater input (146.340 MHz in this case) is derived from the receive
crystal in a manner that I don't have the details about, but doesn't
require a transmit crystal.
Old May 19th 04, 12:37 PM
Lou

np

Lou

Lou wrote:

I have some crystals that may work, must send me a freq calc for them

(I'm

Thanks, but I already have a more modern rig with VFO and 20 channels as
well as a handheld. So I am mainly interested in trading.
The requirements for the Drake are that the crystal's marked frequency be

on
the frequency at which it operates. I.e. to operate on a repeater which
outputs on 146.940 MHz, you need a 146.940 MHz crystal. The offset for the
repeater input (146.340 MHz in this case) is derived from the receive
crystal in a manner that I don't have the details about, but doesn't
require a transmit crystal.
--
...Dave Dawson
P.S. My real email address is: beagle7[X]pacificcoast.net
replace the [X] with an @

Wanted - Drake 4 Series Crystals T.E.O Boatanchors 1 March 10th 04 03:26 PM
WTB Drake Crystals John Boatanchors 2 December 15th 03 08:12 PM
WTB Drake Crystals for R-4A Receiver Bob Boatanchors 4 October 28th 03 03:13 PM
WTB Drake Crystals for R-4A Receiver Bob Boatanchors 0 October 28th 03 02:45 AM
FS Drake TR4C with Drake Mod to TR4CW K8bvj Boatanchors 0 October 18th 03 06:04 PM