Old June 7th 04, 10:05 PM
K3HVG

Default FT TMC TAC-1 for BC-939A/B Tuner

The T-368 I just acquired came with a TMC model TAC-1 antenna tuner.
I'd like to trade this tuner for the one normally provided with the
GRC-26D, that being the BC-939A/B tuner. The TMC tuner is, arguably, a
better tuner; it does balanced as well as unbalanced loads. The BC-939
does not handle balanced loads. Although both tuners will work with the
T-368 and sort of look the same, I'd like to find the "right" one. The
TAC-1 I have is in respectable shape. The only caveat is that one of
the RF ammeter thermocouple units was taken apart(?). The circuitry is
all there and there is continuity, however. It may well work OK, once
re-mounted but I can't guanantee it. Other than that, all's fine and I
have the book.
Thanks much. de K3HVG