Old March 10th 05, 05:43 PM
Mike Andrews

W8KZW wrote:
I think I have it covered.

I removed the LMO and examined it ... there are two pins, one of which acts
as a stop for the disks / collars for travel in both directions ...
clockwise and counterclockwise. The other pin was extended out enough to
engage one of the collars prematurely ... before the tab hit the other pin.

I tapped the wayward pin back a bit .. away fom the rotating tabs, and now
the last tab contacts the first (left, as you look at the LMO from the
shaft-side) pin properly and provides the requisite LMO travel.

I am a bit surprised that this "right" pin evidently shifted position, as it
didn't move back willingly.

I'm very glad that you found the problem, and suspect that that LMO has
been dropped. You may want to look closely at it with an eye to finding
other damage, inside and out, from sudden deceleration along that axis.

--
Mike Andrews
,
Old March 11th 05, 11:03 PM
ckh

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:33:59 UTC, "W8KZW" wrote:

I think I have it covered.

I removed the LMO and examined it ... there are two pins, one of which acts
as a stop for the disks / collars for travel in both directions ...
clockwise and counterclockwise. The other pin was extended out enough to
engage one of the collars prematurely ... before the tab hit the other pin.

I tapped the wayward pin back a bit .. away fom the rotating tabs, and now
the last tab contacts the first (left, as you look at the LMO from the
shaft-side) pin properly and provides the requisite LMO travel.

I am a bit surprised that this "right" pin evidently shifted position, as it
didn't move back willingly.

My thanks to all on the newsgroup!

Sounds like the net effect was to "deactive" one of the 6 rings/tabs
and knock off 86 kHz from the range of travel. Same net result as
two rings locking together.

I'll write this up for my boatanchor site,

www.kiyoinc.com/heathstuff.html

de ah6gi/4